You will like
Working for this Hereford-based consultancy working across numerous industries so you could be designing healthcare products alongside consumer, sports, and health and safety products.
They’re ambitious, curious and friendly striving to deliver above and beyond expectations to grow ideas into marketable products…and have fun in the process! It’s a place where we’ll ask for your ideas and value the contributions you make to push boundaries together.
You will like
The Product Design Engineer job role itself where you will be designing and developing exciting and successful products for customers who vary from household names to clever entrepreneurs is the driving force for this product design consultancy. And you could be part of the team that’s making that happen.
This Product Design Engineer role is all about creativity, problem solving and delivery to provide feasible and innovative solutions stylishly; essentially by sharing and utilising your knowledge to take the lead in bridging the gap between design and manufacturing. You’ll contribute to different phases of the product development process by applying your expertise to engineer a product to production-ready level.
You’ll have the creative mindset of a problem solver to efficiently find multiple solutions to complex problems by thinking inside and outside the box. Whilst you’ll be working in a team, this role will have autonomy as you’ll own projects and will be steering the creative designers to take products to manufacture.
You will have
For you to be successful as the Product Design Engineer, we’re looking for an exceptional design engineer with product designer and career development aspirations, with the ambition to contribute to the continuous growth of our company.
You should be fascinated with the detail and the practical ability to validate your solutions against a design brief.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience gained preferably in a consultancy, or manufacturing environment.
- Ability to comprehend details of a project brief.
- Prototyping and basic sketching ability.
- Experience of working with a broad range of materials and manufacturing processes.
- Sound knowledge and experience of design for injection moulding.
- Capability of carrying out calculations for engineering problems.
- Excellent SolidWorks skills.
- Experience in FEA, design optimisation and tolerance stack up analysis.
- Proven to deliver engineered parts and assemblies for manufacture.
- The ability to lead a team and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
You will get
As a Product Design Engineer, you will gain the potential for career advancement as well as:
- £30,000 - £40,000 per annum
- 23 days annual leave plus bank and statutory holidays
- NEST pension
- Employee discount scheme
- Recently renovated Hereford city office.
You can apply
To Product Design Engineer by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org