You will like
Process Engineering for an innovative waste-to-energy engineering firm with diverse projects that are environmentally sustainable, implementing a resilient infrastructure that is effective & positive. They are offer expertise, products and services in pyrolysis, gasification & oxidation. Due to sustainable business growth, this is a great opportunity to play a key interim role in mechanical/industrial process engineering for a fascinating company poised for exponential growth.
Crucially you will play a leadership role in a ZERO landfill future, dealing with waste at source and recovering economic and environmental value.
You will like
The Process Engineer job itself where you will be responsible for the production and quality of the process design and analysis deliverables for a range of equipment associated with pyrolysis and other waste management technologies. Responsible for ensuring all work is delivered in a professional manner in accordance with the company procedures, to recognised international standards and best engineering practices, and in accordance with schedule and budget requirements.
Working as part of a small cross discipline team, this hands-on position involves full exposure to design, development, testing and commissioning of operational units located in various worldwide locations. Drive and enthusiasm to gain an in-depth knowledge of pyrolysis is essential, combined with attention to detail and a proactive and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Review of existing process data & specifications to understand the process requirements of the heat removal/heat rejection (HRHR) system (incl. peak operating & turndown scenarios)
- Development of the process scheme for the HRHR system, culminating in preparation of the system P&ID & Engagement with thermal oil suppliers to select a suitable thermal oil for the range of process duties identified
- Preparation of process specifications for the primary equipment items (incl. any associated process calculations)
- Technical evaluation of bids received from potential equipment suppliers, leading to placement of purchase orders
- Ongoing engagement with selected equipment suppliers during all project phases (incl. design, fabrication, delivery to site, installation and commissioning)
- Participation in related safety studies including HAZOP and hazardous area classification (HAC) review for the HRHR system
- Application of the learning gained to the process development of at least one further HRHR system
You will have
As Process Engineer, you will have a healthy mix of the following:
- Carry out detailed process engineering design work including preparation of P&IDs, design calculations, functional control descriptions, equipment & instrument datasheets, operating instructions etc.
- Support in maintenance of systems, procedures and design documentation within the process engineering function.
- Support Senior Process Engineer in creation and implementation of best engineering practices, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance.
- Gain an in depth understanding of pyrolysis and of the designs of units.
- Provide technical support to the business development team as required, including giving presentations to clients.
- Support development of client relationships to develop long term working partnerships.
- Responsible for the timely and quality delivery of the ‘off the shelf’ product range designs.
- Support Project Manager to develop and implement changes as necessary to ensure that projects remain within specified scope and are within time, manhour expenditure, and quality objectives.
- Produce tender packages for suppliers to enable delivery of goods and services to the cost, schedule and quality as required by the project.
- Deliver technical evaluation of supplier tenders and detailed reviews of vendor deliverables.
- Appraise and interpret client requirements to ensure that technical, legislative and commercial aspects are delivered on all projects.
- Gain an appreciation of other engineering disciplines such as thermodynamics, electrical, instrumentation and control, piping, structural and mechanical engineering.
- Support development of training packages to be delivered externally to clients.
- Participate in conceptual and detailed design reviews, HAZIDs, HAZOPs, Hazardous Area Classification (HAC) assessments and risk reviews.
- Ensure adherence to Environmental, Health and Safety, engineering and quality standards and procedures.
You will get
As Process Engineer, you will enjoy a competitive salary of £40K + Package
Benefits include 25 days of holiday, Bonus, Pension & Private Medical Insurance.
Plus, challenging & diverse projects, traveling opportunities, career growth and international mobility.
You can apply
For the Process Engineer by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org