You will like
Working in Bristol for an established MEP consultancy that are a leading provider of environmentally conscious Building Services Engineering Design Services.
With offices in London, Devon & now Bristol, you will form part of an innovative team of 20+ Engineers actively involved in a variety of interesting and challenging Residential, Commercial, Education, Leisure and Industrial projects (valued up to £8m MEP) from concept strategies, through detail design to post-completion evaluations.
You will like
The Principal Mechanical Engineer job, which is a fantastic opportunity for a Principal/ Senior level Mechanical Engineer looking for their next career move, someone wanting to join a progressive & growing consultancy, and play a key role in its growth and development. More specifically:
- Undertaking mechanical services calculations including heating distribution, domestic water, ventilation systems, plant room design and equipment selections including analysis of TAS thermal modelling
- Preparation of stage 2 and 3 reports
- Good grasp of utilities and energy global loadings
- preparation of hand and ACAD drawings for mechanical services designs.
- preparation of specifications - full and performance
- assist with the preparation of electrical services drawings and schemes.
- Preparation of fee and resource scheduling
- Help generate repeat business with producing high quality design advice and service levels to client and co professionals
Dedication to the role will be required to succeed, and our client is looking for someone to be prevalent in the Bristol construction market, although help will be provided in expanding your contact network & the development of strong local relationships.
You will have
To be successful as Principal Mechanical Engineer, you will be a Principal/ Senior level Mechanical Engineer with 10 years+ experience looking for their next career move, someone wanting to join a progressive & growing consultancy, and play a key role in its growth and development.
- Technically strong, with the ability to run your own projects, manage delivery teams and mentor others.
- A good understanding of the design of mechanical services and some sustainability experience across a variety of building types/ industry sectors.
- A good awareness of building design beyond your own discipline.
- Ability to lead with the preparation of Design schemes:
- BEng degree in Building Services or Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline.
- Chartered Engineer status via CIBSE or IMechE or significantly advanced in the process of becoming chartered.
- Competent with AutoCAD
- Working knowledge of current Approved Documents – Building Regulations
- Working knowledge of CIBSE Design Guides
- Experience with design software such as TAS, Cymap, etc
- CSCS card holder
You will get
As Principal Mechanical Engineer, you will get
- Competitive salary of £45K-£50K negotiable, plus benefits, Flexible working, Pension, City centre office location, Industry recognised Training program/ professional development.
- A fantastic opportunity to join a small progressive consultancy whose strategy is to create a multi-discipline Building Services Consulting business over the next 5 years
- In due course, you could become the Director of the team.
You can apply
To Principal Mechanical Engineer by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org