You will like
Working in mobility division of this renowned global engineering and technology pioneer where you will join their mission as a leader in transport solutions to shape connected mobility through seamless transportation from first to last mile, improving quality of life for our global population.
You will like
The Principal HV Design Engineer role itself which is an exciting opportunity for a Principal Design Engineer for the Rail Infrastructure Electrification business in York. Your scope will be varied including: rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, intelligent traffic systems, related services, and turnkey projects – to shape the future of mobility.
The Principal HV Design Engineer is responsible for the leadership of our growing team of HV engineers and engineering delivery across the portfolio of railway Electrification and Plant projects. They will use their extensive design and construction experience to guide the optimal development of designs to meet environmental, safety, cost and programme objectives.
Reporting to the Professional Head for HV/LV Distribution, the successful applicant will continue to develop the team to deliver consistent high-quality engineering delivery from concept and bid support to successful entry in to service.
The team have demonstrated the ability to successfully deliver Electrification and Plant projects and support the integration of novel technology into the UK railway, driving down the cost of UK electrification and decarbonisation through the application of the full range of internationally proven electrification technologies and integration into the legacy railway. This is a unique opportunity, leading a team of specialists that are redefining what is possible in UK railway electrification.
The Principal Design Engineer in performing his/her role will work closely with the clients, Project Managers, Design Delivery Manager and all third-party designers to ensure a coordinated and collaborative design solution is presented for each project.
NB Full technical job description available on application.
You will have
To be successful as Principal HV Design Engineer you will have a healthy mix of the following:
- Engineering degree or HND in a relevant discipline
- Professional membership of the IET or equivalent as a Chartered Engineer
- Ideally, hold an Authority to Work (AtW) in line with NR/L2/INI/02009 and/or previous evidence of competencies
- In-Depth Knowledge of Railway Electrification Infrastructure and associated discipline standards
- Demonstrable AC electrification, substation and LV E&P design experience
- Full understanding of Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental procedures
- Demonstrable safety management knowledge including CDM and CSM requirements
- Extensive experience of Electrical Engineering design work including the use of relevant software packages
- Sufficient safety knowledge to guarantee that all designs meet legal safety requirements.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to be able to effectively communicate and report at all levels
- A current AC/DC PTS would be advantageous
- Previous exposure/experience working TNO/DNO in the provision of Bulk Supply Points (BSP’s) is desirable.
You will get
As Principal HV Design Engineer, you will enjoy a competitive salary of £55K-£65K + Package
- £6.5k car allowance
- 26 days holiday, increasing up to 29 days with length of service
- Excellent pension, with matching contributions up to 10% of pensionable salary
- Performance-related bonus scheme
- Flexible benefits to suit your personal needs
- Flexible working policy
- Investment in personal development and support to membership of professional institutions
You can apply
By pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to email@example.com