You will like
Working in Environmental Consulting for one of the world's leading engineering professional services firms providing technical consultancy to the built and natural environment.
With a heritage spanning over 150 years, my client has a unique history of excellence. Specialising in a range of engineering design services, they have extensive UK coverage and a growing international presence. The approach to environmental sustainability, led by the work of the Sustainability Group, has been instrumental to their success.
Their Sustainability Group is an industry leader in its approach to sustainable design, construction and operation for buildings and infrastructure. Focused on achieving ever greater standards of environmental sustainability, the Group thrives on its dynamic, innovative, and ambitious working culture.
You will like
The Principal EIA Environmental Consultant job, which is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior / Principal Environmental Consultant to join and help shape the future of environmental assessment and management, as part of a 40+ multidisciplinary Environmental & Sustainability Team supporting collaborative service frameworks delivering major infrastructure projects throughout the UK across key sectors. Based in SW UK, ideally Bristol or Cardiff, you will be working across a variety of projects including major infrastructure projects, with a particular focus on the water sector. You will be part of a wider consulting team, working in a truly integrated and multidisciplinary way across Southern England and Wales collaborating with colleagues across the UK and internationally.
Based from my client’s Bristol or Cardiff office, with an expectation of a high level of mobility across the West region and throughout the UK as projects require, working alongside the teams in these locations. You will be providing robust senior-level Environmental and Water Science expertise to major infrastructure consenting or environmental enhancement projects with a focus on the water sector. You will also be taking a key role in relationship building and work winning with a focus on the water sector.
You will have
To be successful as a Principal EIA Environmental Consultant, you will need a healthy mix of the following:
Essential Requirements & Skills
- Degree and/or masters in an environmental-related topic
- Chartered status with CIWEM, IEMA or similar
- Significant water sector experience
- Track record of working with designers on large infrastructure projects, particularly within the water sector;
- Capacity to work in a multi-disciplinary environment with other groups (e.g. Planning, Transport and Project Management);
- Capacity to take a key role in business development: promotion, marketing and bid preparation;
- Capable of supporting the delivery of a challenging and varying workload which can change at short notice;
- Experience of maintaining and developing client relationships
- Experience of line management and/or mentoring roles
- Support to effective project delivery and within budget and programmes assigned to specific area of work
- Capable of explaining complex processes and highly technical subject matters in a way that is understandable – using plain English.
- Capable of identifying issues or risks and communicating these to the senior project team that affect the delivery of a project
Desirable Requirements & Skills
- Support to delivery of projects securing consent under the provision of the Planning Act 2008
- Experience of managing Hydrology / Flood Risk / Water Framework Directive assessments
- Experience of drafting Environmental Statement water topic chapters and Water Framework Directive compliance assessments
- Skills and experience in Natural Flood Management and associated technical areas
- Understanding of UK planning process and environmental legislation, knowledge of project consents secured under the Planning Act 2008, understanding of Water Framework Directive and its application.
- Digital skills – used of advanced data analysis or presentation techniques or packages
You will get
As a Senior Environmental Consultant, you will enjoy a competitive salary of £40K - £45K + comprehensive benefits package.
To reward your hard work and commitment my client offers both core and flexible benefits, a competitive salary and industry-leading training and development to support you throughout your career.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by the employer and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit SharePayments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
You can apply
To Principal EIA Environmental Consultant by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to email@example.com.