You will like
Working as EIA Consultant for one of the world's leading engineering professional services firms providing technical consultancy to the built and natural environment.
Their expert staff design lasting solutions in the property & buildings, transportation & infrastructure, environment, industry, resources (including mining, and oil & gas) and power & energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. Safety and sustainability are embedded in everything they do and they have a highly inclusive culture and encourage diversity.
You will like
The Principal EIA Consultant job, where, as part of this established team, you will be involved in the delivery of her number of key projects currently being worked on and across sectors such as infrastructure, energy and property. You will be working in a highly dynamic environment alongside many top planning and environmental consultants from the industry. More specifically:
- Management and coordination of multidisciplinary teams working on a variety of projects from initial optioneering studies to Environmental Statements.
- Drafting, assembling and editing of Environmental Statements and reviewing of topic specialists’ inputs
- Project management with effective budgetary control on projects owned or delivered into by the EAM&TP team
- Providing support and guidance to junior consultants and overseeing their work
- Organising and managing work in a professional and responsible manner, collaborating closely across the nationwide team
- Desk studies, research, data management and report writing.
- Liaising with internal and external clients and statutory bodies, and public consultation, as necessary
- Supporting commercial role such as time, fee and other cost estimates, bid preparation and where required presenting to tenderers.
With ambitious plans for further growth, my client now seeks proven EIA specialists at or around the principal level to join their highly successful team spread across the UK. With offices all over the country as well as their approach to flexible working to suit your needs, the role can be based almost anywhere.
You will have
To be successful as a Principal EIA Consultant, you will need to be commercially aware and familiar with managing budgets as part of project delivery. You will be working on a broad range of work including bidding, inception, design/assessment and consenting. Excellent report writing and communication skills are essential for this post which will also include exposure to clients.
You will be able to work on your own initiative as well as part of the wider team. An understanding of the importance of keeping projects to time and budget is required together with a focus on client needs to support fast and cost-effective responses to demands. More specifically:
- Previous experience of delivering EIAs and similar deliverables, working with multi-disciplinary teams, preferably working with engineers.
- Thorough knowledge and experience of the UK planning and consents regulations and experience of liaising with planning authorities and stakeholders.
- An understanding of a range of technical environment disciplines
- Ideally experience of Sustainability Appraisal and Strategic Environmental Assessment
- Experience of health impact assessment also beneficial.
You will get
As a Principal EIA Consultant, you will get
- The benefits include a competitive salary of £45 - £60K + flexible benefits according to skills and experience, together with an excellent flexible benefits package.
- Standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions
- Plus some 'not so standard' benefits as part of their flexible benefits scheme.
- You will be well supported with ongoing training and regular reviews and the post comes with significant scope to further progress your career.
- You will be working on a range of highly prestigious projects and will be part of an award-winning team, working with many of the UK’s leading environmental practitioners.
- This firms ambition for further growth means it’s an exciting time to join this prestigious brand and be a key player in the team.
You can apply
To Principal EIA Consultant by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), by sending CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org, or if you prefer feel free to give me a call at 01275 331307.