You will like
Working for one of the UK’s leading consultancy firms, comprising of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists providing technical consultancy to the built and natural environment. You’ll be working alongside many of the UK’s leading professionals on a range of high-profile projects throughout Wales and the rest of the UK. Being part of this fantastic organisation will enable you to be involved with a range of challenging and complex projects that will rapidly develop your career and experience.
You will like
The Principal Ecologist job, which represents a fantastic opportunity to lead an established team of ecologists within one of the world’s most highly regarded consultancies. This exceptional opportunity would suit an ambitious and dynamic individual looking to take their career to new heights
You will manage existing projects, working with internal and external clients to deliver and give clear, consistent and considered advice to achieve project goals and benefit biodiversity.
As part of this established team, you will be involved in the delivery of her number of key projects currently being worked on and across sectors such as infrastructure, energy and property. You will be based mainly in Cardiff with occasional travel to other offices. We are looking for a suitably experienced ecologist to lead on a range of significant projects.
- You will need to be technically excellent, with a demonstrable track record of delivering high quality work. Survey and mitigation work for a range of species and habitats.
- Leading this existing ecology team, you will work closely with other senior staff in delivering projects, tendering, team management and business planning.
- You will lead from the front from project inception through to delivery.
- You will provide strong technical steer and guidance to ensure the production of high-quality work against timescales and budget requirements.
- Responsibilities will include supervision and coordination of the team.
- You will need to have excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively across a multidisciplinary business.
- You will be the key point of contact for internal and external clients.
You will have
To be successful as a Principal Ecologist, you will need the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Ecology or related subject. Master’s Degree or PhD would be advantageous.
- Full membership of CIEEM. Chartered Status preferable.
- Professional ecology experience in a consultancy environment.
- Extensive technical experience in a range of ecological and protected species surveys
- Management of individual teams and projects in a multidisciplinary context
- Experienced in liaising with and handling clients, as well as supporting business development.
- Proven skills in ecological impact assessment, mitigation and Habitat Regulation Assessments
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient IT experience
- Full driving licence
- Holder of protected species survey and/or development licences for (bats, great crested newts, badger, otter, dormice etc.).
- Experience in Phase 2 vegetation survey work, notably NVC.
- Experience in major habitat creation projects and biodiversity offsetting, including use of relevant metrics.
You will be confident in communicating and presenting work to internal and external audiences and show passion for developing your own skills and career, as well as those of the wider team.
You will get
As a Principal Ecologist, you will enjoy a competitive salary of £40 - £50K, according to skills and experience, together with an excellent flexible benefits package.
You can apply
To Principal Ecologist by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), by sending CV in confidence to email@example.com, or if you prefer feel free to give me a call at 01275 331307.