You will like
Working for this multi-award winning engineering and environmental design consultancy working across a broad range of development sectors UK wide. They are renowned for technical excellence and client satisfaction and you will play a key role in their future success.
You will like
The Principal Ecologist job itself, which will provide an opportunity for you to demonstrate a broad range of skills by undertaking specialist technical work, whilst working as part of a small, integrated, progressive environmental team. The majority of the role will be comprised of ecological survey work and reporting. However, it also represents an opportunity to work with the wider team to deliver growth opportunities and to build Client relationships and there will be opportunities for Business Development.
The Ecology team sits within the Environmental Planning service line. The Ecology team is a rapidly expanding part of thisis award winning firm's environmental service offering, with involvement at all stages in the planning cycle from feasibility through to master planning and the discharge of conditions.
This is a great opportunity to work within a small team at a multi-disciplinary consultancy, offering numerous opportunities for cross-disciplinary collaboration to provide a better service to cients.
You will have
To be successful as Principal Ecologist, you will have skills and experience in the following areas:
Holding a Degree/ Masters in Ecology or a related subject; and demonstrate at least six years’ experience of working within ecological consultancy and will be expected to hold full membership of CIEEM.
You will be able to carry out a wide range of ecological surveys and will be proficient in offering practical and cost-effective solutions to Clients. A Natural England Class 2 Bat Licence and the ability to hold EPS licences for bats is essential.
Experience in undertaking assessments for BREEAM Land Use and Ecology credits and Biodiversity Net Gain is highly desirable. Experience of working on schemes dealing with Nitrogen deposition and impacts on designated sites would also be advantageous, as would experience of Public Inquiry.
As well as being able to independently undertake survey work and produce high quality written reports, the successful applicant would be expected to take responsibility for financial performance and commercial management on a wide range of projects.
A Natural England Class 2 Bat Licence and the ability to hold EPS licences for bats is essential.
Experience in carrying out assessments for BREEAM Land Use and Ecology credits, as well as Biodiversity Net Gain, is also highly desirable.
Full UK driving license.
You will get
As Principal Ecologist the benefits include a competitive salary DOE and comprehensive package as below:
- A competitive Salary – We benchmark all our salaries against the market and review these annually.
- Holiday – 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and the option to buy extra days holiday per year to boost your entitlement
- Life Assurance 4x salary.
- Non-contributory Pension Scheme – we’ll pay an Employer Contribution, even if you don’t wish to contribute yet and the contribution will increase with years’ service.
- Superb training – bespoke to you and your development needs.
- Professional Subscription – Company pays for one professional subscription a year.
- Social Fund – We will pay £25 per head per quarter to have a great time socialising with your colleagues outside of the work environment.
- Health-care cash plan for all your everyday medical needs such as dentistry and optical care.
- Loyalty bonus – bonus, additional holidays, pension enhancement and sabbaticals.
- Perkbox rewards scheme - providing our people with access to a range of employee discounts and benefits.
- Cycle to Work – Get excellent rates for a new bike and accessories through our scheme.
- 1 paid day of volunteering for a company-nominated charity
- 2.5 paid days for STEM activity
You can apply
To Principal Ecologist by applying here (recommended), or by sending a CV to email@example.com