Plant Operator/Lance Operator – Specialist Maintenance Services / Engineering
Around £32,000 per annum (plus overtime as appropriate). Base pay made up of a basic starting salary of £24,000 increasing to £26,000 on completion of training (usually 6 months); allowances of £6,000 per annum and a discretionary bonus of 10% per annum
Requiring travel from headquarters based in Guildford in Surrey
As Plant Operator/Lance Operator you will work as part of a small team, in a ‘hands on’ capacity to deliver essential specialist plant and machinery cleaning and maintenance services to our growing and diverse client base. This is a manual role working with equipment in sometimes challenging.
This role is part of a customer facing team; therefore, it is vital that you are able to display a professional and knowledgeable demeanor when working onsite. To be successful as Plant Operator/Lance Operator you may come from an engineering or maintenance background, but we’re happy to be flexible since a full and comprehensive training programme will ensure you are off to the best start.
Founded in 2006, our business continues to grow, offering consulting and niche engineering, and maintenance services predominantly to the energy, waste and biomass sectors across the UK and Ireland.
THE PLANT OPERATOR'S ROLE
• Working as part of a small team in a ‘hands-on’ capacity, to ensure allocated tasks are achieved on time and according to specification
• Complying with instructions to ensure client requirements are carried out efficiently, in line with risk assessments, method statements and operational procedures
• Following specified Work Instructions to deliver successful cleans
• Following procedures and processes for the receipt, storage, transportation and use of tools and equipment, to ensure reliable stock control and accurate equipment inventory records
• Adhering to Health & Safety standards at all times both on and off site; keeping work areas clean and tidy, identifying and reporting any potential hazards
• Carrying out equipment maintenance tasks and general yard duties as directed
- Driving licence (able to drive company van)
- Ability to travel and occasionally stay overnight in hotels
As Plant Operator/Lance Operator you will make around £32,000 per annum made up of a basic starting salary of £24,000 increasing to £26,000 on completion of training (usually 6 months); occasional overtime for additional pay; *allowances of £6,000 per annum and discretionary bonus of 10% per annum; 30 days (increasing with each years’ completed service) including bank holidays; working hours Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm (*overnight stays at client locations for which you will be paid allowances).