You will like
Operating within innovative waste-to-energy engineering firm in small scale waste to energy with diverse projects that are environmentally sustainable, implementing a resilient infrastructure that is effective & positive. They are offer expertise, products and services in pyrolysis, gasification & oxidation. Due to sustainable business growth, this is a great opportunity to play a lead technical & management role in Controls & Instrumentation for a fascinating company poised for exponential growth in UK & internationally.
Crucially you will play a leadership role in a ZERO landfill future, dealing with waste at source and recovering economic and environmental value.
You will like
The Plant Engineer or Mechanical Service Engineer job itself where you will enjoy a variety of work; this role will allow you to enhance skills in maintenance, projects, and continuous improvement - (Mechanical Maintenance, breakdown, repairs, PPM's & project work)
- Proactively identifying and reporting follow on work or areas for enhancement and delivering cost-effective improvements to assets and systems.
- Working in the Service team alongside multi-disciplinary operational teams such as systems civil, mechanical, process and electrical technicians.
- Carrying out instrumentation, control and automation maintenance on a variety of assets including planned maintenance and defect maintenance.
- Carry out scheduled planned maintenance work in compliance with company procedures in order to minimize plant breakdowns.
- Investigate the nature of plant failures and subsequently carry out repairs as quickly and efficiently as possible in order to avoid interruptions to the process.
- Examples of some instrumentation you could be working on are flow meters, pressure levels, ultrasonic, PLC’s, HMI's, communication and control units.
You will have
As Plant Engineer or Mechanical Service Engineer, you will have will need the following:
- Ideally, you will have a recognised apprenticeship qualification,
- Strong mechanical focus and ideally qualified to HNC level/ City and Guilds Part/ NVQ level 3 (or equivalent) in a relevant subject.
- Some electrical engineering & software (plc) knowledge is desirable.
- A good, practical understanding of operational plant and control systems.
- Full UK driving licence & have the flexibility to frequently travel.
You will get
- As Plant Engineer or Mechanical Service Engineer, you will enjoy a salary of up to £35K + Vehicle + Package
- 25 days of holiday per year, pension & private medical insurance, learning and career development opportunities
You can apply
For the Plant Engineer or Mechanical Service Engineer by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org