You will like
Playing a key Director role with this innovative environmental information company, delivering specialist advice on groundwater, flood risk, drainage and contaminated land. They have an excellent track record supporting property professionals, developers, insurance companies and asset managers and you.
You will like
The Operations Director Environmental Consulting job itself where you will will lead a team of environmental specialists in this new role, created to support our rapid growth. Reporting to the Managing Director and the Board, the role includes responsibility for managing and developing the operational team delivering environmental consultancy reports and working with our R&D team on a variety of environmental data modelling and forecasting services. The role objectives are to contribute to strategic planning, plus achieve growth and efficiency improvements through the effective use of resources and technology. The role will be accountable for the appointment, motivation and utilisation of the relevant staff.
The primary challenge is leading a team of Consultants in achieving targets for Environmental Report Writing and working with the R&D Manager to motivate technical Consultants to design and complete new products in tight timescales. More specifically:
- Working with the senior team to achieve the delivery of our environmental reports on time and within budget, whilst maintaining our high technical standards
- Meet the challenge of designing and implementing more ‘automation’ in the Report Writing process.
- Review technical interpretative reports on environmental risk, assisting junior consultants as required.
- Support commercial development plans, take an active role in developing new clients, managing certain key accounts and proposal/contract review.
- Complete regular management and accountability calls with the team to ensure performance and delivery of individual KPIs.
- Design and implement career structures and training for all the Operations team
- Manage complex internal and external projects, ensuring they are prioritised correctly, and resource is allocated to ensure delivery within agreed service limits.
- Provide strategic input to the annual business plan, including predicted growth in the team, improvements in efficiency and new client and product opportunities.
- Prepare monthly board reports and attend board meetings.
Location: This key role is based from HQ in Shrewsbury Shropshire and with some flexible working or working from home negotiable. #WFH
You will have
To be successful as Operations Director Environmental Consulting, you will have a healthy mix of the following:
- An appropriate earth science, geography, maths or engineering based degree.
- Ideally postgraduate qualifications in Hydrology, Hydrogeology or GIS and professional accreditation.
- Will have at least 10 years experience in the industry including 5 years experience as a Consultant in a technical or environmental business.
- Will have at least 5 years experience of motivating and managing people/teams to meet set P&L targets plus other goals and objectives.
- Experience in project management and people management.
- Will, ideally, have some experience in environmental modelling.
- Experience of managing and monitoring operational delivery through a CRM system.
- An understanding of the property industry and the role of environmental reports in planning and development is desirable
- Able to demonstrate an innovative outlook with the drive to achieve results.
- Will, ideally, have some experience of serving as a Director of an SME
- Must be able to lead the team and work in our Shrewsbury office on a daily basis
You will get
As Operations Director Environmental Consulting you will enjoy a competitive salary: £65K-£70K + Package
You can apply
To Operations Director Environmental Consulting by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org