You will like
Leading Millwright/Maintenance department at manufacturing facility based in Windsor, ON, Canada for this speciality manufacturer and installer of building and engineering products.
You will like
The Millwright Lead job itself where reporting directly to the General Manager, you will serve as a technician and be responsible for the coordination and assignment of activities related to maintenance and facility operations and ensuring that all timing schedules and trades regulations are adhered to. This position supports the Production Manager by acting as a liaison in matters regarding policy application, and continuous improvement for processes and productivity. This position will also include leadership responsibilities to maintenance techs as the company grows. More specifically:
- Co-ordinate’s preventative and predictive maintenance planning.
- Executes daily/weekly/monthly PM assignments, does follow-up and monitors PM schedule.
- Conducts daily communication meetings with Operations Management.
- Performs repair, modification, and installation activities.
- Assists with maintenance capacity planning to meet future objectives.
- Complies with all Health and Safety programs in accordance with OSHA. Follows and ensures Company procedures regarding safety rules and regulations are followed.
- Maintain safety standards of equipment and work area and perform all duties in a safe manner in accordance with OSHA and the safety policies of the organization.
- Regularly monitors scoreboards to observe where issues are occurring, and that maintenance offers required assistance and support to production team members; Responds to escalation process, as required.
- Monitors and shares key performance indicators (KPIs) results with employees to encourage continuous improvement results.
- Assists in the development of procedures and methods which improve Safety, Quality and Cost.
- Orders materials required for repair, modification, installation, and maintenance of equipment.
- Participates in quotations and follow-up related to new projects.
- Assigns competent trades (external and third party) and follows up with inter-department.
You will have
To be successful as the Millwright Lead , you will have a healthy mix of the following:
- Certification of Qualification for Electrical/Millwright; or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years of related work experience in manufacturing operations
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Knowledgeable in Robotics, PLC (Allen Bradley) and electrical.
- Knowledgeable in machining.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and maintenance systems
- Good analytical skills.
- Attention to detail and exceptional planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well in an environment with a variable workload (flexible hours).
- Must be able to interact effectively with other team members
You will get
As Millwright Lead, you will enjoy a highly competitive salary $TBA + Benefits
- Opportunity to earn OT and eligible for annual performance program (10%)
- Opportunity for growth
- Comprehensive benefits package, RSP up to 4% match, deferred pension plan up to 5% based on company performance
- Enrolment in annual boot program
- Active social committee
You can apply
To Millwright Lead by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org