You will like
Working in Western Canada, (location TBA), for this global leading bio-pharma firm with opportunity for growth, providing strategic, essential products before, during & after Covid-19!
You will like
The Equipment Metrology Manager job itself where you will lead and manage the day-to-day operations of the equipment maintenance and metrology groups and associated resources to ensure all equipment and instrumentation is well-maintained and calibrated for the end-user. In addition, this role is responsible for providing technical expertise, training, and conducting hands-on work as a subject matter expert when needed. More specifically:
- Oversees the predictive and preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, calibration, and repair for a variety of complex analytical laboratory instrumentation and production equipment,
- Oversees detailed maintenance planning and ensures creation/revision of maintenance job plans, to include work instructions, parts, resources, and permitting.
- Provides oversight, reviews, and approves SOPs, PMs, site Risk Analysis, Deviations, CAPAs and Change Controls.
- Participates and leads major projects; technical, cost, scheduling, and performance decisions.
- Manages employees with various experience levels with capability to develop new leaders, individual contributors, and technical experts.
- Conducts interviews, performance reviews, develops and administers development plans, performs follow-up on personnel issues, sets expectations, and provides feedback to group..
- Identifies and develops effective documentation to measure and analyze inventory levels, lists of materials, purchased parts, equipment and miscellaneous items required.
- Maintains departmental budget, purchasing, and inventory of spare parts (MRO warehouse).
- Define and maintain metrics that exhibit productivity and throughput in the functional area.
- Evaluates areas for improvement and expanded services; monitor programs for effectiveness; develops solutions to fix reoccurring downtime issues.
- Proactively evaluates and leads refinement of overall equipment reliability plans, strategies, equipment performance, and root cause analysis effectiveness.
- Establishes working relationships and effective communication with key stakeholders (e.g. Production, Labs, Quality, Engineering, Controls, and Validation).
- Maintain overall coordination between departments to assure adherence to customer and company schedules.
- Coordinates vendor service activity and outside support resources as needed.
- Follows current good manufacturing practices, writes standard operating procedures, and maintains laboratory standards.
- Establishes and maintains a safe working environment and safe working practices that meet applicable standards.
- Follows engineering standards across projects by identifying and implementing best practices.
You will have
To be successful as the Equipment Metrology Manager you will have
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science or equivalent field and/or a licensed tradesperson (e.g. Millwright, Instrumentation Mechanic, etc.).
- Highly desirable to have minimum of 5 years of supervision experience or demonstrated leadership experience.
- Previous experience in using a Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) is required;
- Experience with SAP Plant Maintenance, DeltaV, and PLC systems is strongly preferred.
- Experience working in a regulated environment is considered highly beneficial;
- Knowledge or ability to learn pharmaceutical regulatory requirements is required (e.g. cGMPs, ICH guidance, Eudralex, etc.)
- Knowledge of equipment, facilities, standards, techniques, policies, and processes.
- Familiar with the concept of world-class maintenance and best practices.
- Strong understanding of Operational Excellence and Lean Manufacturing methodology.
- Excellent communication, human relations, organizational skills, and the ability to manage with leadership and independence.
- Ability to integrate technical detail, regulatory, and quality standards and judgment into specific requirements and action priorities.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Products such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
You will get
As Equipment Metrology Manager, you will enjoy a highly competitive salary $Negotiable + Benefits + Relo
You can apply
To Equipment Metrology Manager by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), by sending CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call at 01275 331307.