You will like
Engineering within innovative waste-to-energy engineering firm in small scale waste to energy with diverse projects that are environmentally sustainable, implementing a resilient infrastructure that is effective & positive. They are offer expertise, products and services in pyrolysis, gasification & oxidation. Due to sustainable business growth, this is a great opportunity to play a key technical leadership role in mechanical/industrial product engineering for a fascinating company poised for exponential growth.
Crucially you will play a leadership role in a ZERO landfill future, dealing with waste at source and recovering economic and environmental value.
You will like
The Mechanical Engineer job itself where you will be responsible for the control, production and quality of the design and analysis deliverables for a range of thermal, static, and rotating equipment associated with pyrolysis and other waste management technologies. Responsible for ensuring all work is delivered in a professional manner in accordance with the company procedures, to recognised international standards and best engineering practices, and in accordance with schedule and budget requirements.
Working as part of a small cross discipline team, this hands-on position involves full exposure to design, development, testing, commissioning and maintenance of operational units located in various worldwide locations. Drive and enthusiasm to gain an in-depth knowledge of pyrolysis is essential, combined with attention to detail and a proactive and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Production of detailed technical mechanical engineering and design work including:
- 3D CAD modelling, Production of detail design and manufacturing drawings, Production of design calculations and simulations – mechanical, structural, and thermal.
- Verification of mechanical design calculations, simulations and technical notes produced by others.
- Input into product requirements capture and management, including validation and verification of requirements.
- Maintenance of systems, procedures and design documentation within the mechanical function.
- Production of maintenance plans and input to operating and maintenance manuals.
- Gain an in depth understanding of pyrolysis and of the designs of the specific units.
- Provide technical support to the business development team as required.
- Support the timely and quality delivery of the ‘off the shelf’ product range designs.
- Support Project Manager to develop and implement changes as necessary to ensure that the project remains within specified scope and is within time, manhour expenditure, and quality objectives.
- Support the production of tender packages for suppliers to enable delivery of goods and services to the cost, schedule and quality as required by the project.
- Support technical evaluation of supplier tenders and detailed reviews of vendor deliverables.
- Appraising and interpreting client requirements to ensure that technical, legislative and commercial aspects are delivered on all projects.
- Support line manager in creation and implementation of best engineering practices, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance.
- Appreciation of other engineering disciplines such as thermodynamics, electrical, instrumentation and control, piping, structural and process engineering.
- Support development of training packages to be delivered externally to clients.
- Participate in concept and detailed design reviews, HAZIDs, HAZOPs, FMEAs and other types of risk reviews.
- Ensure adherence to Environmental, Health and Safety, engineering and quality standards and procedures.
You will have
As Mechanical Engineer, you will have a healthy mix of the following:
- Minimum BEng/MEng degree (2:1 degree or better) in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with a demonstratable level of industrial experience in the design and development of mechanical systems. Chartered Engineer status is desirable.
- 5 years plus experience in mechanical design engineering role.
- Strong technical expertise with extensive breadth and depth covering materials selection, general mechanical and structural substantiation, thermal assessment, welded and bolted joints, as well as development of calculation / simulation methods and tools. Knowledge of MathCAD and Altair simulation software packages desirable.
- Design for manufacture mentality to deliver fit-for-purpose, high performance, reliable and maintainable mechanical design solutions.
- Experience and proven ability to use 3D CAD modelling software (preferably SolidWorks) and 2D CAD drafting.
- Hands on experience of maintaining mechanical equipment is desirable.
- Demonstrated advanced problem-solving skills.
- Experience of CE marking a product is desirable.
You will get
As Mechanical Engineer, you will enjoy a salary of up to £45K + Package
25 days of holiday per year, Bonus, Pension & Private Medical
Challenging & diverse projects, Travelling opportunities, Career growth and international mobility, Great learning and development opportunities.
You can apply
For the Mechanical Engineer by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to email@example.com