You will like
Operating within leading manufacturer for global industrial and scientific equipment markets. Due to market growth domestically & internationally, this is a great opportunity to play a lead role in developing business in the UK & ultimately across EMEA for a fascinating company poised for sustainable growth.
You will like
The Mechanical Design Engineer job itself where you will develop conceptual and detailed designs that ensure the product functions performs, and is fit for purpose. Work with Marketers and Production Engineers to develop the product concept and specifications to meet customer needs and introduce to manufacture. More specifically:
- Produce product designs, detailed engineering, and assembly drawings for manufacturing, perform lab testing for verification and conformance of design outputs to meet the design inputs
- Work with the team to perform classical engineering analysis on designs including stress, fatigue & vibration using conventional analysis and computer simulation.
- Use Finite Element Analysis (FEA) to model and evaluate key variables within a product, using software such as ‘Ansys’
- Producing accurate bill of materials from the design stage ensuring materials are specified correctly and are suitable for the job.
- Apply design for cost, performance, manufacturability, service etc.
- Liaising with the Sales Team / Customers / Suppliers / Employees on design specifications to see NPI & Improvement projects through to completion.
- Integrate into the Engineering work stream all required procedures during the development stages. Specification Documents, Failure Mode Effects Analysis, (FMEA), Process Routings and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- Provide support during the building and installation process, ensuring that the product is built properly and according to design specifications
- Calculate factors like tolerance, dimensions, Tolerancing key parts to ensure complex assemblies fit together correctly.
- Create designs in line with company procedure, regulations, and client standards
- Controlling design through a controlled and authorised system (PMD Vault)
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Promote a safe and secure working environment ensuring H&S procedures are adhered to and implemented.
- Demonstrate and act as a role model for Company standards of behaviour and values.
- Set the standards and expectations for all staff and the Production Management Team to maintain the behaviours that support an effectively run and efficient manufacturing operation.
You will have
To be successful as Mechanical Design Engineer you will have the following qualifications/experience
- Educated Bachelor's degree in Physics or Mechanical Engineering (BSc / BEng) Masters level of attainment preferred
- Expert in Mechanical Design
- Proven track record and deep understanding in the use of Computer Aided Design Packages (Solidworks / AutoCAD)
- Minimum of 5 years proven track record in Design Engineering in an Engineering Manufacturing / OEM Organisation
- Proven track record in the use of Use Finite Element Analysis to model and evaluate key variables within a product, using software such as ‘Ansys’
- Innovative design skills in Electro-Mechanical mechanisms.
- High level of familiarity with industry control standards, BSI, ISO, IATF, AS9000
- High level of working knowledge of industry quality assurance and measurement processes, PPAP, FMEA, FAIR
You will get
As Mechanical Design Engineer you will enjoy a competitive salary, £40K-£45K + Benefits
You can apply
For the Mechanical Design Engineer job by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to email@example.com