You will like
Working with niche aviation engineering innovator in Uxbridge, West London where you will be literally saving lives! This family-owned firm, design and manufacture specific safety systems for aerospace clients and they are renowned for first-class products & services. You will be part of a top-gun team and work with the brightest and best of British engineers.
You will like
The Mechanical Design Engineer job itself where you will be responsible for generating design concepts in line with regulatory and customer requirements and in line with the engineering specification, including associated international and military standards as well as MBA requirements.
The ole also includes the production of commercially viable product definition information (PDI) including 3D models, detail, and assembly engineering drawings.
Effective workload planning, generation of technical calculations and corresponding reports, design reviews and presentations is also required to support the development of the design. As is the necessity to work effectively with internal and external customers to achieve the optimum design through in-depth consultation with all project stakeholders.
Mentoring and training of junior personnel may also be required, depending on skills and experience.
A detailed job description can be made available upon application.
You will have
To be successful as Mechanical Design Engineer you will have a good mix of the following:
- Mechanical Engineering Degree Accredited by IMechE.
- 1st or 2.1 from Russel Group/Redbrick University is desirable
- An experience in design software including 3D CAD modelling.
- Knowledge of finite element techniques.
- Managing design projects under tight time and quality constraints.
- Experience of full design process, ideally gained from designing machines or test equipment which involved gaining CE certification.
- Experience in areas such as geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, layout of engineering drawings in relation to US/UK standards.
- Product costings and analyses
- Good understanding of modern manufacturing methods and processes
You will get
- As Mechanical Design Engineer, you will enjoy a salary of £33K-£40K + Package.
- Non-contributory pension scheme at minimum 9%
- Life assurance
- Private Healthcare cash plan including optical & dental cover
- The equivalent of 25 days annual leave and 8 statutory holidays
- Lunchtime finish on a Friday
- Childcare vouchers (via salary sacrifice)
- On-site occupational health team
- Annual appraisal and development process for all employees
- Great working environment including heavily subsidised canteen
You can apply
To Mechanical Design Engineer by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to email@example.com