You will like
Contracting in Mechanical Design Engineering for an innovative waste-to-energy engineering firm with diverse projects that are environmentally sustainable, implementing a resilient infrastructure that is effective & positive. They are offer expertise, products and services in pyrolysis, gasification & oxidation. Due to sustainable business growth, this is a great opportunity to play a key interim role in mechanical/industrial product engineering for a fascinating company poised for exponential growth.
Crucially you will play a leadership role in a ZERO landfill future, dealing with waste at source and recovering economic and environmental value.
You will like
The Contract Mechanical Design Engineer job itself where you will provide a detailed checking role of calculations and simulations produced to substantiate a new design for a pyrolysis kiln. You will be responsible for ensuring that all work is delivered in a professional manner in accordance with company procedures, to recognised international standards and best engineering practices, and in accordance with the schedule and budget requirements.
- Independent verification and validation as part of quality assurance of mechanical/structural substantiation simulations and calculations produced in Altair and MathCad software packages respectively.
- Detailed checking as part of quality assurance of mechanical technical notes and drawings.
- Production of calculations and simulations.
- Input into design reviews and progression of mechanical design for next pyrolysis unit.
- Produce maintenance schedules, SOP’s and provide input into operations and maintenance manuals.
- Input into system requirements, including validation and verification of requirements.
You will have
As Contract Mechanical Design Engineer, you will have a healthy mix of the following:
- Minimum BEng/Meng degree (2:1 degree or better) in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Demonstratable level of industrial experience in the design and development of mechanical systems. Chartered Engineer status is desirable.
- 15 years plus experience in a mechanical design engineering role.
- Strong technical expertise with extensive breadth and depth covering general mechanical/structural substantiation, materials selection, welded and bolted joints, design for fatigue, thermal assessment and development of calculation/simulation methods and tools.
- Design for manufacture mentality to deliver fit-for-purpose, high performance, reliable and maintainable mechanical design solutions.
- Experience and proven ability to use 3D CAD modelling software (preferably SolidWorks) and 2D CAD drafting.
- Design for manufacture mentality to deliver fit-for-purpose, high performance, reliable and maintainable design solutions.
- Demonstrated advanced problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of a range of mechanical/structural design codes and British / ISO Standards e.g. ASME, Eurocodes, etc.
- Good working knowledge of Health, Safety & Environmental legislation is desirable.
- Self-sufficient, self-motivated and able to work within an interdisciplinary team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to all levels of stakeholders.
- Proficient with MS Office.
You will get
As Contract Mechanical Design Engineer, you will command an hourly rate of £40PH Neg
You can apply
For the Contract Mechanical Design Engineer by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org