You will like
Operating within leading manufacturer for global industrial and scientific equipment markets. Due to market growth domestically & internationally, this is a great opportunity to play a lead role in developing business in the UK & ultimately across EMEA for a fascinating company poised for sustainable growth.
You will like
The Manufacturing Engineer job itself where you will develop and improve manufacturing processes by studying product and manufacturing methods, More specifically:
- Collaborate cross-functionally to facilitate the production process and evaluate potential changes
- Evaluate and report on efficiency, including equipment availability and effectiveness, including output, quality issues and defects
- Identify and propose opportunities for improvements, including making adjustments to existing equipment as well as presenting the business case for new equipment
- Oversee and implement improvements to operating procedures and manufacturing equipment and processes as agreed in order to continuously improve output and reduce lead time
- Create and maintain user-friendly standard operating procedures and manufacturing specifications
- Create and maintain skills matrices for all manufacturing departments.
- Updating monthly and establishing skills training programmes that deliver strength in depth of the skills base and enable effective succession planning
- Evaluate manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs
- Applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develop manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provide manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labour, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepare product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends. .
- Provide manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintain the product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Keep equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Maintain product and process data base by writing computer programs; entering data.
- Complete design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Work closely with Design Engineering to create and deliver the product development road map with due regard to budget and resource constraints.
- To implement agreed cost reductions in line with the Business Strategy, ensuring that the manufacturing team are well prepared and clear plans are developed and executed.
- Work collaboratively with manufacturing managers and personnel to establish and maintain a strong skills base with effective succession planning in place
- Promote a safe and secure working environment ensuring H&S procedures are adhered to and implemented.
- Demonstrate and act as a role model for Company standards of behaviour and values.
- Set the standards and expectations for all staff and the Production Management Team in order to maintain the behaviours that support an effectively run and efficient manufacturing operation.
You will have
To be successful as Manufacturing Engineer you will have the following qualifications/experience
- Educated Bachelor's degree in either Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering
- At least 2 - 3 years' of manufacturing experience
- Experience with Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen, Kanban and 5S. Black belt practitioner preferred
- Manufacturing Engineering experience with a background engineering manufacture preferred but not essential
- Prior experience implementing business tools, systems and processes.
- Advanced capabilities in the use of Microsoft Excel
- Experienced in the use of industry-standard ERP & MRP systems and packages
- Financially astute, able to assimilate detail and identify key issues quickly – understanding their impact on tactics and strategy.
- Excellent communicator, able to define operational needs and convey company objectives.
- Computer literate and numerate with excellent analytical and reporting
You will get
As Manufacturing Engineer you will enjoy a competitive salary, £35K-£37.5K + Benefits
You can apply
For the Manufacturing Engineer job by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org