You will like
Managing Contracts for an organisation that plays a key role in delivering the UK net zero target, and as a not-for-profit, this is not a typical contract or commercial management role. Performance is not measured against a bottom line, but instead there are two guiding principles for this organisation: to maintain investors’ confidence in the CfD scheme and to minimise the cost to consumers. You will enjoy a sense of purpose with this employer!
You will like
The Low Carbon Lead Contract Manager job itself which is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Energy/Sustainability Consultant/Manager to join.
You will be working with a diverse team of people who work together to deliver UK's goals for secure, affordable and sustainable energy.
This is an exciting time to be joining this organisation and particularly the Scheme Delivery team which manages the CfD scheme dealing with BEIS an increasing number of CfDs and Carbon Capture Usage and Storage (CCUS).
The Lead Contract Manager will be instrumental in setting up new team(s) within Scheme Delivery and then leading the management of the respective contracts, engaging on a regular basis with key stakeholders. More specifically:
- Lead the planning phase of the Contract Management activity:
- Understanding in depth the terms and conditions of the contracts to be managed
Following the anticipated successive BEIS publications which are expected to provide further level of detail;
- Offer continuous feedback and assisting BEIS in the further development of any new terms
- Lead the procurement of advisors to assist this organisation with its reporting obligations under the contracts and set up the reporting templates;
- Develop contract management procedures, systems and guidance (or adapt existing ones), tailored to the requirements of the new contracts;
- Support the Settlement and Forecasting teams in their understanding of the payment mechanisms; sense check the robustness and suitability of the settlement system and forecasting logic proposed by the respective teams.
- Recruit and on-board additional members to the contract management team.
Lead the contract management activity once the contracts are entered into:
- Have ownership and responsibility for the assigned contracts, acting as the Senior Account Manager and managing contractual processes and issues, including actively identifying and resolving potential disputes;
- Apply judgement to manage the contracts, based on this overarching interpretation;
Lead the review of information provided by the developers and lead the preparation and presentation of regular briefings to senior stakeholders on the progress of the project, key risks and any other relevant matters.
- Scoping, instructing and managing the work of the appointed technical and financial advisors to support the above (including challenging the views advanced by the advisors);
The role could evolve to also provide analysis and advice in relation to the development, planning and implementation of future contracts/schemes. The role will be flexible across our schemes whether managing CfDs or any new schemes in future as they are allocated to this organisation.
WFH policy: Employees are required to attend the office twice a week (exceptions made during lockdowns in line with UK Government guidance)
Flexible working: Informal flexible work patterns subject to line manager discretion including a 9 day fortnight.
You will have
To be successful as Low Carbon Lead Contract Manager you will have a healthy mix of the following:
- Contract management experience;
- Excellent analytical skills and experience in capturing, managing & interpreting data, including performance & settlement data;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Good general commercial acumen;
- Knowledge of electricity /energy markets and/or carbon capture and hydrogen
- Experience in reviewing reports on the physical progress of a construction project and offering brief and concise summaries for senior audiences is a plus;
- Experience in managing external advisors is desirable;
- Experience in interpreting and managing complex contractual arrangements (including for instance contracts with gainshare mechanisms, reopeners, change in law provisions etc) is desirable;
- Understanding of the detail and rationale behind the key commercial terms of the CfDs is a plus
You will get
As Low Carbon Lead Contract Manager, you will enjoy a competitive salary: £75K DOE + Package
- 25 days' annual leave and bank holidays
- Recognition schemes allowing colleagues to say thanks
- Company contribution to your pension scheme
- Family friendly policies, including enhanced company maternity/paternity and shared parental benefits
- Employee assistance programme for free, confidential support for your professional or personal life, including financial management and family care
- Special leave such as study leave, sabbatical or public duties
- Three days paid leave a year for volunteering to support your local community
- Season ticket loan scheme to support your commute
- For peace of mind to you and your family, we offer flexible benefits to support you through illness or if things take a turn for the worse
- Access to “Work Perks” offering deals, discounts and cashback on your purchases
- Family savings on days out and English Heritage or gym discounts through our partners
You can apply
To Low Carbon Lead Contract Manager by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to email@example.com