You will like
Working for a leading UK independent testing, research and consultancy organisation, providing specialist services in construction and building services. Their wide range of services to help companies improve the design, build and operation of buildings and a unique blend of product testing and market research helps manufacturers gain the relevant certifications and plan marketing strategies. This organisation and their UKAS approved Laboratories represent the benchmark in quality and compliance and you will play a key leadership role in their IT & Telecoms department ensuring the organisation can function effectively.
You will like
The IT & Telecoms Manager job itself were you will lead and manage day to day provision of business-critical infrastructure, including software, hardware and associated licensing as well as specialist applications and corporate software. The role will have budgetary responsibility for optimising the cost-effective delivery of IT and Telecoms provisions and will be expected to continuously seek ways to improve resilience and capability, working closely with Business Managers to ensure efficient and effective solutions.
As IT & Telecoms Manager your main duties will be:
- Develop business plans for IT & Telecoms, to support the organisational strategy, including devising proposed implementation strategy with due consideration of business needs and goals and technical and financial matters for the approval of the Board
- Take overall responsibility for the effective implementation of relevant business plans. Should those require modification, provide recommendations to the Executive for approval.
- Provide sound management of the operational and financial aspects of services with due consideration to growth, costs and positive management of cash requirements
- Oversee day to day delivery of all IT & Telecoms services, optimising both staff and equipment resources
- Continuously monitor the Company IT systems to ensure that the measures to protect these from attacks and failures are in place always. Inform the business on appropriate mitigations or heighten risks.
- Plan and complete projects by coordinating resources and timetables with own resources and user departments, including the management of IT & Telecoms sub-contractors.
- Take a proactive approach to the management of department resources
- Create and maintain efficient, reliable and functional internal processes to ensure business continuity, compatibility with other corporate systems and enable mutual sharing of information
- Create and manage relevant corporate policies, including modification, revision and extension of those to reflect the business needs and relevant external factors
- Enable effective management of the disaster recovery plans to ensure regular reviews and testing
- Provide expert advice to the business in all the areas of IT about the issues and new developments related to and impacting the business
- Work with all teams, seeking future development of IT systems for greater business efficiency and profit
- Manage a team including the provision of coaching and mentoring to support professional development, whilst building resilience
- Take responsibility for creating a positive working environment
This is a Full time, permanent position, with a nominal 37 hours per week, 8:30 – 17:00 Monday Thursday and 8:30 – 16:30 on Fridays. This is an office-based post in Bracknell.
You will have
To be successful as IT & Telecoms Manager you will have:
- Technical management and understanding of IT & Telecoms systems
- Sound knowledge and experience of supporting Microsoft Office 365
- Knowledge and experience of operating Windows Server Technology
- Sound knowledge and experience in supporting Microsoft SQL server
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills
- Team management skills and experience
- Knowledge of financial management
- Strategic planning skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018
- Experience and knowledge of working in accordance with ISO 9001
- Ideally a degree or equivalent technical experience including professional accreditation
You will get
Salary Depending on Experience £50K-£55K + Package
Permanent Benefits: Pension Scheme, Life Assurance, 26 Annual Holidays (pro-rata) and additional 8 Bank Holidays etc.
You can apply
By pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), by sending CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org , or if you prefer to feel free to give me a call at 01275 33130