You will like
Operating within a specialist surveying firm based from Glasgow/Edinburgh and covering a sensible Scotland region. Our client is a reputable firm specialising in insurance surveying, claims handling and management. Due to sustainable business growth, this is a great opportunity to join their team of highly qualified, dedicated and experienced staff.
You will like
The Insurance Surveyor job itself where you will assess damage for buildings insurance claims to determine whether claims should be accepted or declined, and to verify scope and quantum for accepted claims. To provide technical support for building damage elements of claims and first-stage support to the Customer Services Team for claims with FOS complaints. To carry out audits for the local contractors assisted by the Supply Chain Manager. More specifically:
- Visit risk addresses and make claim assessments (validity of the claim quantum of the loss) and deliver the decision directly to the Policyholder/Authorised Person
- Evaluate customer building claims (validity and quantum) from Surveyor reports and/or other relevant information (Policy and/or Claims Handling Guidance) and provide a detailed explanation to decline all or part of the claim with clear well-communicated reasons
- First stage support to Customer Services on FOS complaints including the writing of reports detailing the technical decision.
- Identify cases with high potential for cost savings or repudiation and arrange for a Surveyor site visit
- Liaise with Trinity's approved Building Contractors to review Contract variation and/or Interim Payments; joint site visits to be arranged as required/applicable.
- Provide technical support within the Surveying Team on building repairs, methodology, and pathology
- Validate customer invoices/quotations using Xactware as required and discuss same with policyholders to ensure costs are fair and reasonable and that policy cover applies.
- To visit large loss claims and produce an accurate report and scope of works on Xactware.
- To undertake joint site visits with the Trinity Large Loss/Complex Claim Handlers, discuss and agree any issues or outstanding items relating to policy cover directly with the Policyholder.
- Audit and oversight of our Surveyor Network and Contractors with Supply Chain Manager assistance. This will include auditing their current and aged claims from cradle to grave identifying any leakage from the surveyor scope and through any variations submitted by the contractor. This will consist of desk and site visits and will include all aspects of the claim right through the claim journey.
- Progress and update Buildings Insurance claims including updating reserves, cash settlement payments, contractor instructions, and closing claims as required
- To undertake any individual or team task or activity reasonably requested and in line with the company values including being flexible and able to react in times of surge.
You will have
To be successful as Insurance Surveyor you will have a healthy mix of the following:
- Secondary education with qualifications in Maths and English, and demonstrable ability in numeracy skills & written English.
- Qualifications in surveying such as HNC or similar desirable
- A minimum of 5 years of construction experience, trade background.
- Estimating/surveying experience within insurance is essential
- Experience of Xactware or other estimating software is desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Tact and assertiveness when dealing with customers who may be distressed or angry
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- PC literate with good administrative skills
- Ability to take on increased ownership and responsibility when necessary
You will get
As Insurance Surveyor you will get a competitive salary to £37.5K + Package.
Benefits include Pension, Commission, Car Allowance.
Plus, specialist training & opportunities for career development.
You can apply
To Insurance Surveyor by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to email@example.com
NB This position is for Scotland however we are recruiting for this fantastic firm across the UK including East Midlands, West Midlands, South Coast, South West, South East & Scotland regions.