You will like
Working for a reputable consultancy providing sustainable solutions to meet the planning, engineering design and project delivery needs of the property, infrastructure, environment and energy markets. This exciting role sits within their thriving multi-disciplinary environmental and engineering team in choice of Bristol, Manchester, Birmingham, or London offices.
You will like
The Heritage Consultant job itself, which is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly rated professional team with a strong reputation for quality, technical knowledge and providing our public and private sector clients across the with commercially focused solutions.
More specifically, you will be responsible for the management and preparation of archaeological and cultural heritage desk-based assessments, ES chapters, heritage statements and Written Schemes of Investigation for fieldwork, along with commissioning and management of archaeological fieldwork.
Our client offers the potential to be involved in large and prestigious projects throughout the UK. The project sectors they are currently involved in include mixed use, retail, residential, leisure, healthcare, education, ports/harbours and infrastructure-based redevelopment schemes at a variety of scales.
You will have
To be successful as Heritage Consultant you will you will need the following:
- Minimum of 5 years’ post-qualification professional experience
- A degree in Archaeology or directly relevant subject;
- Good knowledge and understanding of British archaeology;
- Good knowledge of heritage planning legislation;
- Archaeological fieldwork experience;
- Professional archaeological report writing;
- Business development skills including proposal writing and client management;
The following would also be an advantage:
- Relevant postgraduate qualification;
- Membership of the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists (but if not yet achieved, note that membership is actively encouraged);
- Experience of using GIS (preferably ArcGIS) and CAD in archaeological projects;
- CSCS cardholder.
You will get
As Heritage Consultant, you will enjoy a competitive salary of £40K-£45K according to skills and experience, together with flexible benefits package
Annual salary reviews, Generous holiday allowance of 26 days (rising to 31) in addition to bank holidays, Fantastic training and development culture.
The role offers excellent career progression opportunities to strong performing candidates, within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients.
You can apply
To the Heritage Consultant job by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org