You will like
Working in Bristol/SW region in land remediation with a highly regarded and growing niche independent contracting firm handling large multi-technology soil and groundwater remediation. They offer a highly enjoyable working environment, with a range of interesting and diverse project types and commitment to health & safety.
You will like
The Geotechnical Engineer job, which is a great opportunity for a qualified specialist to join their existing team based from their Bristol or Raleigh office working on projects based across the South West or South East respectively.
The main job role is assisting with technical delivery of remediation and enabling projects. More specifically:
Pre-start tendering, organisation & planning of projects:
- Input into tenders including review of site investigation information and identifying geotechnical risks and appropriate solutions
- Advise/support on geotechnical designs or design checks, including excavations, ground retention such as shoring and sheet piling, stockpiles, backfilling, working platforms and surface reinstatement
- Assisting with production or review of remediation strategies, materials management plans, earthworks specifications etc
- Drawings, including basic use of Autocad
- Planning and oversight of site investigation works to obtain information for detailed design and costing of projects
Delivery of projects:
- Oversight of geotechnical/earthworks aspects of all projects, including identification and management of project risks
- Overseeing and advising on material processing, sentencing and reuse to ensure compliance against the project specification and remediation strategy (experience in ground improvement including soil stabilisation would be desirable)
- Oversee/supervise/train site staff for specific high-risk site activities such as installation of ground retention equipment, pile mat installation etc
- Arranging laboratory and site geotechnical / earthworks testing, assessing results and actioning implications
- Use of basic equipment where required e.g. hand shear vane, CBR probe etc
- Keeping relevant records such as soil descriptions, test results, as-built surveys and processing data
- Assisting with co-ordinating/appointing relevant subcontractors
- Ongoing liaison with clients representatives, third party verification engineers, consultants or regulators such as the NHBC
- (Dependent on experience/role) Project management duties including commercial, operational, programming tasks
Project close-out / other:
- Compilation of verification/completion reports, health & safety files etc;
- Feedback on project lessons learned, improvements, etc
- Preparing and delivering internal training to other staff
You will have
To be successful as Geotechnical Engineer you will ideally have >4 years relevant experience, and with a proportion of this time spent on-site in a contracting role although this is not essential.
Knowledge of soil description, engineering geology principles, geotechnical design, earthworks best practice and specifications, and compliance testing is desirable, although further training can be provided.
A valid driving licence is essential as the role will involve some travel (a vehicle can be provided if desired). Key personal attributes are good communication, a team player, organisation, resolve, flexibility and ambition.
You will get
As Geotechnical Engineer you will enjoy a competitive salary of £30K-£50K + Company Vehicle, Bonus & Significant Bens
There is significant scope for flexible working, along with significant benefits and rewards. There is also a lot of scope for further career progression.
You can apply
To Geotechnical Engineer by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to email@example.com