You will like
Playing a key leadership role in this regional Timberlands operation responsible for providing OSB Mill and other facilities in the region with 1+ M3/year of wood from within or adjacent to the Hudson Bay Forest Management Area. Hudson Bay is a town of 1,500 people in the Red Deer Valley, between the Porcupine and Pasquia Hills in NE Saskatchewan. Widely known for its forestry, agriculture, wildlife, outdoor recreation, and snowmobiling trails, Hudson Bay is a vibrant, safe, and friendly community that is full of adventurous, and scenic activities.
This organisation will make a good and stable employer for an established Senior Manager or General Manager with primary industry or forestry background who may be looking for a unique challenge in forestry management & will grasp the opportunity to relocate to Hudson Bay, SK, Canada!
You will like
The General Manager Timberlands job itself where you will be responsible for all aspects of the Timberlands business including:
- Role modelling safety values, providing leadership in developing and reinforcing strong safety
- culture, and development of its staff and operational Team Members.
- Delivery of ~0.9 million m3 of hardwood logs per year to the Hudson Bay OSB mill.
- Delivering on financial results including budget commitments and Operational Excellence targets.
- Development and alignment of strategic business direction/plans with the OSB businesses.
- Maintaining positive relationships with a variety of external stakeholders including elected officials, regulators, First Nations, and other forest industry companies and organizations.
- Developing/ensuring a work culture that: a) Conducts business in line with the company’s core values of safety, integrity, citizenship, and sustainability. b) Demonstrates the company’s key behaviours of acting with urgency, being accountable, being courageous, keeping it simple, and being innovative.
You will have
As General Manager Timberlands, you will have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Forestry, Forest Management, Business or other relevant field of study.
- Professional work experience in Forestry or Forestry Management is an asset
- Other Experiences and skills required;
- Successful track record in leading safety improvement through employees and contractors.
- Demonstrates courage by taking on difficult and complex issues that drives value.
- Previous leadership experience in multiple locations is highly desired.
- Interest, capability and potential to move to next/another level of leadership in the organization.
- Ability to inspire and engage at all levels in the organization, including internal and community stakeholders.
- Demonstrating strong business and financial acumen to drive improved cost and margin through the value chain.
- Demonstrates competence in financial reporting and analysis.
- Ability to communicate complex business information in simple terms that engages and effectively informs the audience.
- Ability to execute and get results in a key area that ‘moves the dial’ for business performance in their area of responsibility.
- Track record of developing strong succession and leading people development strategies.
- Demonstrated successful collaborative, trust-based relationships with suppliers and customers
You will get
- Competitive salary, ~$125K-$175K+ Neg + Package
- Comprehensive benefits package
You can apply
To the General Manager Timberlands job by pushing button on this job posting (recommended), by sending CV to firstname.lastname@example.org , or give me a call at 01275 331307.