You will like
Operating within a top-gun team of specialist maintenance services leaders UK on critical projects UK wide. Founded in 2006, this business continues to grow, offering consulting and niche engineering, and maintenance services predominantly to the energy, waste and biomass sectors across the UK and Ireland. They are an employer of choice, fostering a good team spirit and employee involvement at all levels in the business. Services include ‘Bang and Clean’, ‘High-Pressure CO2’ and ‘Shock Pulse Generator’ sales and services.
You will like
The Field Service Engineer FSE job itself which will suit an experienced mechanical fitter or service engineer with a mechanical bias and a recognized engineering apprenticeship or equivalent. You will act as a remote-based nationwide field service engineer. You will travel to power stations across the country, carrying out planned servicing and unplanned breakdown repairs of Shock Pulse Generator equipment (full product and services training will be given). Where workloads permit, you may work on other on-site services, such as high-temperature camera inspections and B&C (bang and clean) cleaning technology. A small proportion of the work will be undertaken at the head office workshop in Guildford, Surrey.
A significant proportion of weeknights will be spent staying in hotels closer to client sites, typically leaving home on Monday and returning on Friday.
You will have
As Field Service Engineer FSE you will be qualified to the following standard:
- Time served apprenticeship and/or a formal qualification in a mechanical engineering discipline or similar up to City & Guilds/NVQ level 3
- A working knowledge of good engineering practices
- Methodical approach to fault finding under pressure
- Understanding of limits of fit of components
- Removal and refitting of mechanical components including seals
- Machinery installation
- Good interpersonal skills, able to work and communicate effectively with clients and contractors
- Be able to work using own initiative without supervision
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety, working with Method statements and risk assessments
- Computer literate with basic IT skills in MS Word and MS Excel
- Be proficient at completing site documentation and following company procedures
- Driving licence essential
You will get
As Field Service Engineer FSE you will enjoy competitive remuneration.
Salary to £34k (negotiable on experience); company van provided; benefits include a pension; compensation payments for overnight stays; daily meals allowances; 22 days annual leave + Bank Holidays increasing with each years’ service; working hours Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm. For overnight stays, hotels are paid for by the employer, along with allowances for meals daily. At the time of appointment, intensive training on products, processes and services.
You can apply
By pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org