You will like
Managing tendering within the Toronto office of Canadian division of specialist international water engineering firm. They provide complete engineering solution groundwater management and dewatering contracts and are renowned for the quality of their people. Due to increased business opportunity in Ontario, this newly created role is a great opportunity to join their team of highly qualified, dedicated and experienced staff.
You will like
The Estimator Dewatering job itself where you will encourage invitations to tenders, carry out basic design dewatering schemes and prepare, present and negotiate quotations and proposals to clients. More specifically:
- Carry out dewatering designs and cost estimates.
- Identifying and following up new business leads.
- Ensuring enquiries are appropriately logged and responded to including organizing site and client visits.
- To act as the key point of contact for clients throughout the design and tender process.
- Make an assessment of geo-environmental site investigation reports and associated documents.
- Prepare tenders, proposals and quotations. Select the appropriate methodology to be used, prepare design notes & calculations.
- Prepare supporting costing for quotations.
- Develop and implement strategies for following up quotations, maintaining contact with the client and tracking the progress of our proposals.
- Negotiate contracts, terms and conditions, methodologies, attendances
- Reviewing costs and sales performance and present data at management and sales meetings
You will have
To be successful as Estimator Dewatering you will be a motivated and hardworking individual with good written and communication skills is essential.
Minimum 7 years’ experience within the construction industry managing others in a similar environment.
- A degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
- A relentless enthusiasm and tenacity to pursue commercial opportunities.
- A thorough understanding of Hydrogeology, Engineering Geology and Civil Engineering
- The ability to plan and organize own workload
- Understanding of business development and marketing strategies
- Commercial awareness, ideally including knowledge of construction industry contracts
- Competent user of Microsoft Word, Excel and AutoCAD
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills - the ability to communicate complicated and sometimes sensitive concepts is an essential requirement
- Resourcefulness, initiative and the ability to work unsupervised
You will get
As Estimator Dewatering, you will enjoy a competitive salary, likely $60KK - $75K + Package
You can apply
To Estimator Dewatering by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), by sending CV in confidence to email@example.com, or give me a call at 01275 331307.