You will like
Managing Environmental & Sustainability matters for this sought-after global real estate firm, flexible working from London, Bristol, Birmingham or Manchester offices. They have an excellent reputation for providing a range of services to a variety of clients across sectors such as property, renewables, infrastructure, industrial, commercial and government. Plus they have highly respected in-house sustainability and corporate responsibility teams.
You will like
This Environmental/Sustainability Manager job itself where you will have equal responsibilities across the spectrum of Environmental functions and will require a professional that has balanced experience to excel within this post. You will be working closely with the Environmental Manager, Corporate Responsibility Manager, and wider Sustainability Team to drive UK initiatives throughout the business and support client delivery. More specifically:
- Help manage and implement the environmental strategy to ensure corporate sustainable development
- Assist and support the organisational sustainability targets as well as delivery of action plans to meet those targets and oversee their delivery.
- Assist and support the organisational Net Zero Carbon strategy including the programmes developed to deliver it.
Environmental Management System (EMS)
- Assist the management and improvement of the EMS
- Help improve the impact of the organisation on the environment
- Assist in the implementation of environmental policies and practices
- Help support the ISO14001 Environmental Management System which includes internal and external audits, maintain legal register, visit other buildings, identify and deliver practical improvements to align with the company's Net Zero Carbon Strategy
- Analyse and report environmental performance to internal and external clients and regulatory bodies
- Assist in the coordination of all aspects of pollution control, waste management, recycling and renewable energy
- Ensure compliance with environmental legislation and keep up to date with UK, European Union and international regulations and legislation
- Work closely with the finance/facilities team to understand and optimise the cost/ business case for all of our environmental initiatives and impact measures.
- Help develop and deliver staff training at all levels on environmental issues and responsibilities
- Support the promotion and raise awareness, at all levels of the organisation, of the impact of emerging environmental issues
- Support in reporting information to internal staff, clients and regulatory bodies (Annual ESG report/ESOS compliance)
- Help produce educational or information resources for staff, clients and the general public
- Support the provision of expert advice, thought leadership and recommendations to the business on all aspects of environmental sustainability in our operations
- Assist with corporate partnership management (e.g. Woodland Trust)
- Assist and improve the sustainable procurement of all goods, services and office fit-outs
- Participate in industry collaboration, environmental education and research
You will have
The Environmental/Sustainability Manager represents an incredible opportunity for a Sustainability professional that has 2-5 years of experience and is ready to take the next step in their career and champion the environmental initiatives throughout our fast-growing business. Your communication skills will be key in enabling people to take ownership of environmental issues and that of their colleagues and clients.
More specifically, you will have a healthy mix of the following qualifications, skills and abilities:
- Associate Member of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (AIEMA) would be ideal but will support your application
- BREEAM/LEED/SKA/WELL knowledge and experience
- Qualified BREEAM/LEED/SKA/WELL Assessor would be beneficial
- Sustainable Procurement knowledge and experience
- You will be enthusiastic about sustainability
- You will be a brilliant people person who leads day-to-day and is effective in delivery
- You will be able to influence and help make recommendations which reach a senior level in areas from strategy, policy and reporting
- You will bring good project and budget management skills combined with high energy to set a dynamic pace of delivery
You will get
As Environmental/Sustainability Manager, you will enjoy a competitive salary of ~£40K + Package.
Benefits include matched employer pension contribution, private medical insurance, travel insurance, 27 days holiday, CSR days and social activities.
You can apply
To Environmental/Sustainability Manager by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), by sending CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org