You will like
Working in Bristol OR London for a multidisciplinary consultancy providing sustainable solutions to meet the planning, engineering design and project delivery needs of the property, infrastructure, environment and energy markets.
You will like
The Energy Consultant Lead job, which is a fantastic opportunity for an Energy Sector Specialist wth leadership skills, to be working for our client in either their London or Bristol offices.
Your role will be to leading, developing and improving our clients expertise in energy pricing, particularly where it interfaces with the built environment. More specifically:
- Help engage developers who choose to own or develop affiliations with companies to capitalise on the economics of local generation, demand side response and storage.
- Develop technical capability in assessing a development’s financial energy model.
- Be a competent pair of hands for our clients to help deliver key schemes which are often complex and demanding.
- Ensure the standards of work and information provided to clients remains high.
- Provide an experienced senior point of contact for clients in developing their energy strategies.
- Help develop team’s capability and knowledge in financial energy assets.
- Make a demonstrable contribution to developing business expertise in the energy financing sector.
Additionally, you’ll be responsible for:
- Technical application and operational standards.
- Service quality and professional reputation.
- Managing project finances.
- Inter-office technical reporting and assistance.
- Adherence to the firms QM, H&S and Environmental standards.
This is an important role as the management of risk posed by utility infrastructure on a successful building project is paramount to its success. Issues such as capacity shortages, encroachment on sites, ageing assets and commercial opportunities are increasingly requiring a skill set to manage. Plus, with the shift to a net-zero carbon future; electric cars, heat pumps and a general greater focus on electric futures, the importance of our industry has never been greater. As part of the work, you will assist in developing new ways to work in this new energy world.
You will have
The Energy Consultant Lead role requires someone who is innovative and willing to work with a team to champion the opportunity in our clients business.. You’ll be drawing upon the existing experience, to create an improved service of high value to our clients, helping engage developers who choose to own or develop affiliations with companies to capitalise on the economics of local generation, demand-side response and storage. Expertise in the electricity market and the ongoing evolution with smart systems, storage and distributed generation within the built environment would be of particular benefit.
To be considered for this Energy Consultant Lead role, you will need the following:
- Experience in the energy market finances and know how to put together a financial model.
- Technical and commercial understanding of the construction industry ideally with some experience.
- Knowledge of the construction industry and understanding of the electrical networks.
- Relevant energy sector technical or financing sector qualifications.
- At least 4 years’ experience in this sector.
- Someone who accepts challenges and is a good problem solver.
- Understanding of wider Utility aspects such as Gas, Water, Electricity, Drainage and telecom networks.
- Ability to manage complex and challenging critical issues for large complex as smaller challenging projects.
You will get
As Energy Consultant Lead you will get
- Competitive salary of £55K-£75K Negotiable (Likely £55K-£65K Bristol & £65K-£75K London)
- Car allowance and access to a wide range of lease cars
- Private medical scheme,
- Life Assurance,
- Income protection,
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service,
- Contributory pension scheme,
- Voluntary benefits scheme,
- Friendly and dynamic team working environment,
- Opportunities for career progression
You can apply
To Energy Consultant Lead by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org