You will like
Analysing energy usage for unique multi-disciplinary energy services provider of strategic energy and carbon reduction consultancy services to a range of organisations from large global corporates to housebuilders and developers. They enable them to enhance long-term energy sustainability and reach net-zero carbon emissions.
With low-carbon technology, data and sustainability at the core of their ethos and business model, this firm is leading the smart energy revolution, serving the energy industry, the industrial, commercial and public sectors, as well as the wider domestic market to realise the environmental and financial benefits of smarter energy practice
You will like
The Energy Analyst job itself which is an exciting opportunity for an experienced energy specialist to join this leading engineering and consulting company at the forefront of the energy and carbon reduction; based from Cardiff energy center of excellence or #WFH fully flexible home working for the right candidate.
You will monitor energy consumption, asset efficiency, cost, and carbon emissions for the client portfolio, providing insights that allow each client to make strategic decisions relating to the management of energy.
The role of the energy analytics team is to provide clear and easy-to-understand management information that will identify energy-saving opportunities; budget risks; and the achievements of energy conservation activity. The team design and deliver remote services to improve the control of energy consumption using software systems, bespoke analysis, regular reporting, and the engagement and coaching of operational stakeholders. The team is responsible for managing HVAC assets on client portfolios and providing feedback on the performance of these assets. The team also supports commercial organisations with the management of compliance with energy & environmental legislation.
The role involves day-to-day data handling, use of analytical techniques (benchmarking, regression analysis, profile analysis, measurement & verification), report design and management of software information systems. The candidate will also be expected to develop technical knowledge relating to the behaviour of energy-consuming systems and consulting knowledge for influencing organisational change. More specifically:
- Undertake forensic data analysis of buildings and energy systems utilising industry recognized techniques such as profile analysis & disaggregation, CUSUM, regression analysis, and baseload normalisation to identify energy waste
- Collaborate with energy consultants in order to contextualise energy consumption with a range of HVAC designs and tailor operational processes so they are fit for purpose
- Lead remote energy review calls utilising consumption data and knowledge of HVAC systems at site to identify and achieve building controls savings for customers.
- Specify, design, and produce high-quality, client focused energy monitoring and targeting reports identifying the number and scale of potential energy savings available
- Scrutinise clients Building and Asset Management Systems to identify where systems are operating outside of agreed parameters
- Deliver training for colleagues in the use of these tools
- Present outcomes and findings to customers and colleagues ensuring clarity on methodology, assumptions, and conclusions
- Establish good working relationships with clients, suppliers and service providers and take responsibility for account managing their designated client accounts
- Gather and analyse energy consumption data for to support compliance reporting activity
- Undertake carbon footprinting tasks and compile evidence to satisfy relevant legislation
- Bring an innovative approach to problem solving by challenging and refining current approaches and methodologies
- Support a managed service and a helpdesk for the SmartVision Pro software as a service offer
- Resolve data inconsistencies through triangulation of relevant data sources
You will have
To be successful as Energy Analyst you will have a healthy mix of the following:
- Degree or equivalent in an engineering, physical sciences or analytical discipline is desirable.
- Specific energy management, energy engineering or building services training is desirable
- Knowledge and understanding of mechanical and electrical energy systems in buildings and infrastructure portfolios
- Knowledge and understanding of driving factors that influence how energy is used in buildings and infrastructure portfolios
- A detailed understanding of the legislative requirements around energy consumption data for GHG and SECR reporting
- A broad understanding of the legislative environment surrounding energy efficiency, carbon emissions and the net zero transition
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft packages: Word, PowerPoint, and Power BI
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel at an advanced level
- Experience of SQL, macros, programming, or other forms of automation for the development of efficient processes
Plus, personal characteristics such as: Strong organisational skills, time management, communication skills, positive response to feedback, online research, clear written English, problem-solving ability, analytical skills and numeracy, the ability to build and maintain customer and other stakeholder relationships, resilient and responsive to change, strong situational judgment and risk management skills.
You will get
As Energy Analyst you will enjoy a competitive salary: £21K – £25K + Package
My client is a leading brand in the market and has a reputation as a great place to work, both from a professional and social perspective. They provide excellent remote working solutions to their staff. You will have unparalleled opportunities to develop and grow your experience by being given significant responsibility as well as scope to develop your own ideas.
You can apply
To Energy Analyst by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org