You will like
Working for this esteemed education provider in the heart of Leicestershire, with 100+ year pedigree, 100+ Acre campus & 100+ buildings in a diverse portfolio of academic, commercial, residential & sporting facilities. You will be at home here :)
You will like
This Electrical Building Services Engineer job itself where you will report to the Senior Electrical Engineer for the preparation of electrical designs, engineering drawings, specifications and supervision of electrical installations across the University estate.
- To undertake the duties of Electrical Engineer in the preparation of drawings, specifications, site supervision and other associated technical work relating to the planning and execution of minor projects and development works up to the sum of £1m.
- To produce schemes and drawings for electrical services, including design calculations, estimates etc.
- To update existing drawings by the physical inspection of buildings to determine cable runs, power points, lighting circuits etc and to incorporate any amendments from 'As Fitted' drawings or information received from staff. Information will be processed manually and by CAD, using AutoCAD
- To liaise with other members of the Development Team in relation to drawings required for structural and mechanical works which affect services.
- To produce technical works specifications, including the Employer's Requirements on Design & Build project.
- To control and supervise contractors working on-site when involved from the initial design.
- To brief outside consultants on departmental requirements and to monitor the design of both new buildings and alteration works.
- To maintain close budgetary control over projects being administered by the Facilities Services Section.
- To provide permits as required i.e. permits to Work. To Dig and Hot Work etc.
- The maintenance of a technical and manufacturers' catalogue library.
- To carry out feasibility studies and reports.
- To carry out any duties within their competence reasonably requested by the Senior Electrical Engineer.
- To work as an active member of the Facilities Services team in the first instance and the wider Estates and Facilities Management department.
- Help implement a continuous process of reviewing cost-effectiveness / savings within the department.
- Ensure all works are carried out effectively and efficiently in accordance with established working procedures / Policies.
- Ensure work carried out is compliant with all relevant regulations.
- Conduct risk assessments in line with duties and ensure method statements are complied with.
- Liaise with external contractors to deliver electrical installation works in line with specifications.
- Be pro-active in undertaking training and development as required for the role
You will have
To be successful as Electrical Building Services Engineer you will have
- HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering
- City and Guilds Electrical Technical Qualifications or equivalent
- ILM level 2 in Management or equivalent, or willing to undertake this
- BS 7671 18th Edition Requirements for Electrical Installations
- To have served an indentured apprenticeship or equivalent experience or equivalent practical experience
- IOSH Managing Safely/NEBOSH General Certificate
- Ability to develop an engineering solution to new electrical installation requirements.
- Experience of working within engineering/construction project teams
- Must be capable of being responsible for setting personal programs and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent planning skills and the ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- Good budget knowledge and ability to manage finance
- Competent in the use of AutoCAD; good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Full Driving Licence required
You will get
As Electrical Building Services Engineer, salary will be ~£35K-£40K + fantastic pension & flexible benefits, meaning highly attractive total reward package!
You can apply
To Electrical Building Services Engineer by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), by sending CV in confidence to email@example.com , or give me a call at 01275 331307.