You will like
Working in Becancour/Montreal for a leading Canadian & Worldwide agricultural firm with excellent reputation for bulk handling in heavy industrial & marine environments. They will make an excellent employer for a H&S/HSE/EH&S Professional who is ready for a new challenge.
You will like
The Bilingual EH&S Business Partner job itself where you will be responsible for the development, implementation and management of our client's Environment, Health and Safety policies, and programs to ensure effective risk management, and loss prevention strategies are in place and that regulatory and corporate compliance is provided for company due diligence.
- Develops and implements procedures, including guidelines for specific issues and best practices between parent companies and our facilities.
- Conducts and provides support with incident investigations for all major losses and lost time injuries.
- Reviews incident investigations and provides feedback to staff and management recommending corrective actions to prevent recurrence, to facilitate a safer workplace and ensure legal compliance.
- Actively participates in corporate Policy Health and Safety Committees in their full mandate of responsibilities, obligations, and other related duties.
- Acts as personal aid/consultant to Workplace Health and Safety Committees at each of our Quebec facilities.
- Develops, maintains, delivers, and supports a yearly training calendar for environment, health, and safety initiatives.
- Provides and supports EH&S training and development of new employees, transfers, and refresher.
- Maintains constructive working relationships with all internal company departments, external companies, customers, regulatory organizations such., the CNESST, Ministry of the Environment, Environment Canada, and other related regulatory authorities.
- Develops, delivers, trains and coaches staff on quality assurance principles and processes as it applies to EHS; in conjunction with the sites Management Team, develops plans to improve quality performance; develops and implements site-specific programs and processes to address identified quality and health and safety concerns while enhancing performance across the board.
- Chairs ISO meetings from time to time on quality procedures to ensure consistent understanding of regulations, industry standards and potential liabilities to the organization. Conducts informational seminars with staff to promote quality principles and practices inside the EHS discipline.
- Interfaces regularly with operations personnel to foster a high-performance environment, health and safety culture through coaching, motivating and mentoring. Creates an environment that fosters teamwork and continuous improvement.
- Develops and implements processes to achieve compliance with quality standards including Good Manufacturing Practices System (GMP), International Standards Organization (ISO) and other applicable industry standards. Analyzes the quality assurance processes within specific operations to determine areas of deficiency related to company policy, quality certification standards and basic quality principles.
- Keeps abreast of changes to government regulations and provides technical information and support to staff & Management concerning compliance in the areas of environment, health, safety, pest control, transportation services and hazardous substances storage.
- Provides input and monitors the design, construction and operating characteristics of facilities and equipment to ensure compliance with health and safety regulatory requirements and industry standards.
- Acts as the technical resource and leads in the development and delivery of environment, health and safety training on new equipment and materials. Keeps informed on research and development in safety material/equipment and purchases / recommends the purchase of such materials relative to requirements.
- Manages the design, implementation, and negotiation of terms in the tendering of contracts for procuring external consultants in QC necessary for the development of EH&S products, programs, training, and systems.
- Participates and supports environment, health, and safety audits. Completing annual audit in specified locations, Develops, manages, and conducts EH&S risk assessments. Works in conjunction with external quality and environment, health, and safety auditors
- Conducts daily inspections providing feedback and coaching opportunities to contractors and management while developing mutual relationships with all parties.
- Provides ongoing coaching, mentoring as it applies to inspections, near miss and safety observations regularly.
- Reports findings and makes recommendations to correct non-compliances.
- Assists with the coordination of efforts in response to emergency preparedness and its situations including the development, deployment, and support of emergency response planning processes. This includes mock tests of ERP, fire drills and tabletop exercises as it pertains to the work environment.
- Provides regular and ad hoc reports as well as maintaining data and statistics regarding activities, opportunities, and trends. Ongoing daily, monthly trending is a pre-requisite to being successful, reporting out to site management and the Director of EHS.
- Be a “solutionist to completion” all site EHS issues, concerns brought to one’s attention that will provide solid direction whilst not hindering production or people’s health/safety.
- The main office will be at Becancour QC – Travel to Montreal Terminals at least bi-weekly.
You will have
As Bilingual EH&S Business Partner, you will have a healthy mix of the following:
- Minimum of five (5) years progressively responsible experience working in Environment, Health Minimum five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in occupational health and safety.
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) designation or similar designation would be considered an asset or possesses an equivalent level of training and previous hands on experience.
- Post-secondary in Science, Technology, Occupational Hygiene and or Health/Safety or Engineering.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience that result in the required level of knowledge skill and competence will be considered.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of federal and provincial occupational health and safety regulations.
- Proven ability to effectively interpret and apply this legislation.
- Good verbal, written and listening communication skills.
- Proven ability to work cooperatively with others to achieve safety objectives.
- IT literate with demonstrated ability in the use of word processing and spreadsheet software applications within a Windows based operating environment.
- Able to gain support and buy-in immediately from onsite personnel as well as other EHS BP’s.
- Bi-lingual English / French is mandatory due to the geographic location of the role. (Montreal andBecancour QC) with ties to home office in Regina SK, Canada.
You will get
As Bilingual EH&S Business Partner you will enjoy:
- Competitive salary, ~$110K-$115K+ Neg + Package
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Professional development
You can apply
To the Bilingual EH&S Business Partner job by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV to email@example.com