You will like
Working in Midlands and North for this multi-award winning engineering and environmental design consultancy working across a broad range of development sectors UK wide. They are renowned for technical excellence and client satisfaction and you will play a key role in their future success.
You will like
The Ecologist Senior job itself which is a fantastic opportunity to join this highly regarded independent consultancy with significant plans for growth. You will be based in either their Nottingham, Manchester or Birmingham Office.
The role will provide you with the opportunity to demonstrate a broad range of skills by undertaking specialist technical work, whilst working as part of a small, integrated, progressive environmental team. The majority of the role will be comprised of ecological survey work and reporting. However, it also represents an opportunity to work with the wider team to deliver growth opportunities and to build Client relationships and there will be opportunities for Business Development.
A key part of my client’s approach is the ability to deliver a high-quality service to Clients, with cost-effective and innovative solutions to ecological issues. Their work is varied and widespread supporting clients on projects both locally and throughout the UK as required and the position will involve input and management of projects across their offices.
As well as being able to independently undertake survey work and produce high quality written reports, the successful applicant would be expected to take responsibility for financial performance and commercial management on a wide range of projects.
You will have
To be successful as Ecologist Senior, you will be educated to bachelors or masters level in ecology (or related field) and have at least 4 years of proven experience within an ecological consultancy,
You will be expected to hold full membership of CIEEM or be close to. The successful applicant will be able to carry out a wide range of ecological surveys and will be proficient in offering practical and cost-effective solutions to Clients. A minimum of 1 Natural England protected species Licence and the ability to hold EPS licences is essential.
Experience in undertaking assessments for BREEAM Land Use and Ecology credits and Biodiversity Net Gain is highly desirable. Experience of working on schemes dealing with Nitrogen deposition and impacts on designated sites would also be advantageous, as would experience of Public Inquiry.
Ideally, you will have a Natural England Class protected species Licence and the ability to hold EPS licences. Experience in carrying out assessments for BREEAM Land Use and Ecology credits, as well as Biodiversity Net Gain, is also highly desirable.
You will get
- As Ecologist Senior the benefits include a competitive salary of up to £33K benchmarked & reviewed annually
- Holiday – 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and the option to buy extra days holiday per year to boost your entitlement.
- Life Assurance 4x salary.
- Non-contributory Pension Scheme – they will pay an Employer Contribution, even if you don’t wish to contribute yet and the contribution will increase with years’ service.
- Superb training – bespoke to you and your development needs.
- Professional Subscription – my client will make a payment for one professional subscription a year.
- Social Fund – they will pay £25 per head per quarter to have a great time socialising with your colleagues outside of the work environment.
- Health-care cash plan for all your everyday medical needs such as dentistry and optical care.
- Loyalty bonus – bonus, additional holidays, pension enhancement and sabbaticals.
- Perkbox rewards scheme - providing our people with access to a range of employee discounts and benefits.
- Cycle to Work – Get excellent rates for a new bike and accessories through our scheme.
- 1 paid day of volunteering for a company-nominated charity
- 2.5 paid days for STEM activity
You can apply
To Ecologist Senior by applying here (recommended), or by sending a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org