You will like
Working for this specialist sustainability consultancy providing holistic solutions to address environmental challenges. This exciting role sits within their thriving environmental team in central London who works with a diverse range of clients and projects across the UK and Internationally.
You will like
The Senior or Principal Ecologist job itself which is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and passionate ecologist to join a leading Independent award-winning environmental and Sustainability Consultancy in Central London. This is an exciting opportunity offering the successful candidate a role that will significantly broaden and diversify their ecology career
The role offers you the chance to work with a range of prestigious clients mainly across the development and planning sector. You will be undertaking a range of interesting and diverse ecology work, much of it in areas such as Green Infrastructure, Biodiversity, Net Gain, etc. As well as this the opportunity offers you strategic responsibility and managing a team of 4 to 5 junior ecologists. My client has a varied portfolio of prestigious clients including; landowners, developers, architects, and local authorities, thus giving you a greater breadth of work than is often available in other consultancies.
Due to the ongoing success of my client, they have created this role in order to enable further growth and delivery of their strong order book. They are looking for Principal Ecological Consultant to join their multidisciplinary team and assist with the delivery of a diverse range of projects.
More specifically, the role will entail the management of complex ecology projects; many of which would involve multiple protected species in complex scenarios. Alongside managing projects, you will be responsible for tender production, client liaison, financial management and survey programming. There are also opportunities to run unique urban biodiversity projects, such as bespoke ecological monitoring of living roofs and green infrastructure strategy production.
You will be responsible for mentoring staff and undertaking technical reviews. The role will also enable you to have input into strategy and new business generation.
Central London-two days a week working from home available. Part-time also considered
You will have
To be successful as Principal Ecologist you will be degree qualified with 5+ years relevant consultancy experience in the UK.
- Ideally 7+ years of professional experience;
- Graduate (MSc desirable) in a relevant scientific degree (ecology, biology, environmental science or similar);
- MCIEEM and CEnv or CEcol (desirable);
- Highly organised and motivated individual;
- Based in or around London (or be willing to travel into the office 3 days a week) and have access to a car with full driver’s licence;
- Experience of line management and technical review responsibilities;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Enthusiastic about nature conservation;
- Available to work flexible hours to support on ecology surveys;
- Hold a European protected species licence for bats and experience with EPSM licence preparation and delivery; and
- Experience/knowledge of green infrastructure and working with urban biodiversity (desirable).
You will get
As Principal Ecologist, you will enjoy
- The benefits include a competitive salary of up to £48K according to skills and experience, together with an excellent flexible benefits package.
- Extensive benefits package including healthcare, pension, generous holiday entitlement
- Performance bonus typically paying 10% per annum
- Flexible working conditions, including regular home working and flexible hours to suit your needs
- Significant training budget
You can apply
To the Principal Ecologist job by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), send CV to email@example.com or feel free to give me a call at 01275 331307.