Design Engineer, c£35k + benefits
Employer: Product Design Consultancy, based in Hereford – additional new role due to further expansion
A brand new role (the second opening in just a few months) in this Hereford based and rapidly growing Product Design Consultancy. We manage a huge variety and diversity of work supporting entrepreneurs and multinational businesses alike. Entrusted with projects for well-known and newer brands, whether taking a concept idea all the way through to production or designing new ranges, the creation of successful products is what drives our passion for what we do. Combined with a genuine understanding of real-world design, we enjoy an outstanding market reputation, rapid and sustainable growth through on-boarding of new customers, as well as an enviable pipeline of repeat business. The norm is delivering above and beyond customer expectation, it’s a “work hard” and “love what we do” environment where employee satisfaction is high, staff turnover low and further career prospects are realistic and achievable.
Overview: As a Design Engineer, you will work independently as well as part of the larger team on client projects, bringing ideas to life. You will be responsible for various product design projects, from concept to prototyping through to manufacturing whilst communicating with all stakeholders.
Working under the direction of the Design Director, the main skills required for the Design Engineer will include:
- Significant proven experience in mechanical/product design engineering
- Experience working with a broad range of materials including metals and plastics
- Significant experience of design for injection moulding – a proven track record of designing injection moulded products and experience with over moulded components. An understanding in tool design would be beneficial. Good material knowledge of hard plastics and rubbers required
- Variety of knowledge with regards to general fabrication and manufacturing methods – it is likely that you will have been used to interfacing with and working on the ‘shop floor’ and can demonstrate hands-on making capabilities
- Problem-solving – finding solutions intuitively and efficiently
- Excellent CAD skills (SolidWorks) will be crucial in this post
- Expertise with Rhino software would be advantageous
- Attention to detail will be second nature
- Comfortable customer facing, therefore well presented, personable, genuine and trustworthy
- A positive, outgoing personality with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Whilst you will enjoy sole specific project responsibilities, being a team player with good humour is also essential.
- Relevant degree qualification or equivalent, or a proven level of engineering experience
- In the main you will be office based, however, this role may require some UK travel
- You will be required to use our project and client management software, TeamWork – training available
- You must share our ‘client is king’ and smaller business mentality i.e. we all pull together
- You should believe that continuous improvement is a given!
- You will be living in a commutable distance (or prepared to self-relocate) to Hereford.
Salary & Benefits: c£35,000 per annum, pension (NEST); additional employee perks/discount scheme; 23 days annual leave plus 8 bank and statutory holidays, usual office hours are 9am to 5pm.
How to apply: Apply via this post or send an application via email with an accompanying copy of your CV to our retained executive search consultant.