You will like
Working for a leading UK independent testing, research, and consultancy organisation, providing specialist services in construction and building services. Their wide range of services to help companies improve the design, build and operation of buildings and a unique blend of product testing and market research helps manufacturers gain the relevant certifications and plan marketing strategies. This organisation and their UKAS approved Laboratories represent the benchmark in quality and compliance. For a fixed-term, you will play a key role in their Accounting department ensuring the organisation is in great financial shape.
You will like
The Credit Controller job role itself where you will contribute to the smooth functioning of the team by ensuring prompt collection of cash and maintaining the accuracy of Sales Ledger records.
As a Credit Controller your main duties will be:
- Chasing payment of overdue accounts via phone, email and letter.
- Reducing debt in accordance with pre-agreed targets.
- Dealing with queries both internally and externally to ensure smooth & timely resolution.
- Completing daily banking (BACS & Cheques) to include identification, posting and allocation.
- Taking and processing credit card payments.
- Assessing/updating credit history of existing and new customers, using online credit agency services.
- Opening / setting up new accounts.
- Maintaining and updating customer details to ensure ledger accuracy.
- Reconciliation of accounts where payments have been incorrectly posted.
- To take ‘Ownership’ of the ledger, ensuring that any issues are progressed/escalated appropriately.
- Reviewing ledger regularly with manager to highlight any problems and agree targets and actions.
This is a full-time permanent role at HQ in Bracknell, 37 hours per week, 8:30 – 17:00 Monday Thursday and 8:30 – 16:30 on Fridays.
You will have
To be successful as Credit Controller you will have the following skills/experience:
- Computer literate (Access Dimensions used, not specifically necessary)
- Excellent/confident verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience working in Sales Ledger / Credit Control environment
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- A good “team-player”
- Attention to detail - VERY important
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload
You will get
As Credit Controller, salary depending on experience, likely £22K-£25K + Package FTE
Benefits include a Pension Scheme and 26 days holiday per year (pro-rata).
You can apply
To Credit Controller by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org