You will like
Consulting on contaminated land in the environmental management group of a recognised pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments. They are an international engineering consulting and construction management firm that provides integrated services to the environmental, energy, and infrastructure markets. They serve a broad range of clients in government and industry, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation. (Bristol or London or Manchester).
You will like
The Contaminated Land Consultant job itself which is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious contaminated land consultant looking to accelerate their career by joining this highly regard National and International Consultancy. Due to their continued success, my client is seeking a Geo-environmental / Geotechnical Consultant to join their established UK team in this niche role.
You will enjoy a vibrant, dynamic, and fast-paced work environment that provides access to a broad spectrum of professional experiences in a business that thrives on teamwork. More specifically:
- Performing Phase I non-intrusive walkovers, audits and desktop assessments.
- Safe delivery of site investigations on brownfield sites, both active and vacant.
- Supervision of specialist subcontractors – drilling companies and plant operators
- Geological logging, performing field testing and gathering field data during investigations.
- Sampling of soils, groundwater and ground gases.
- Environmental monitoring.
- Have strong technical writing, data management, organizational and communication skills.
- Support the tendering team in preparing proposals and site investigation specifications.
- Manage tasks and projects.
- Apply quality assurance and quality control processes.
- Diligent and accurate data gathering.
- Travel throughout the UK to support client’s needs.
- Overseas travel may also be possible as there are a number of Clients and projects in Europe.
The role will be based in either Bristol/South West, London/South East or Manchester/North West. Flexible working arrangements are in place to ensure a healthy work-life balance.
You will have
To be successful as Contaminated Land Consultant, you will have:
- Relevant scientific background in Geology, Environmental Sciences, Hydrogeology, Geological Engineering, or Geotechnical Engineering.
- Experience in the delivery of site investigations and supervision of subcontractors.
- Strong safety background including CSCS card.
- Soil logging experience.
- Experienced in the use of field equipment – PID, gas analyser, interface probes, hand shear vane etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel software.
- Valid driving license (with no major violations).
In addition to the basic qualifications the qualifications below are highly desired but not required:
- Experience in earthworks and remediation projects.
- Experience of using computer-aided drawing software and geotechnical data management software.
- Experience in environmental risk assessment – human health and controlled waters.
- Experience in Project Management –
- Safety qualifications/training – use of CAT and Genny, CITB Site Supervisor, asbestos awareness etc.
You will get
As Contaminated Land Consultant you will get a competitive salary: £28K-£35K negotiable, plus package
NB The package will be tailored to suit the individual depending on your level of experience. This employer of choice offers competitive compensation and a market-leading benefits package including healthcare provision, travel insurance and pension plan.
You can apply
To Contaminated Land Consultant by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to email@example.com