You will like
Operating within leading manufacturer for global industrial and scientific equipment markets. Due to market growth domestically & internationally, this is a great opportunity to play a key manufacturing/production engineering role in the UK for a high-quality precision engineering company poised for sustainable growth internationally.
You will like
The CNC Programmer job itself where you will be doing Precision Grinding & Programming Engineering. More specifically:
- To complete a variety of Grinding and Honing tasks from 'Rough Grinding’ / Machining to Precision and 'Finish Grinding’ achieving high levels of accuracy and tolerancing to +/- 2µm
- Fully Set, Programme and Operate a range of Fully Automated CNC Studer Grinding Machines
- Select and Mount the correct grinding wheels required for the relevant CNC or conventional grinding tasks.
- Evaluate the wear on Grinding Wheels and replace when required, escalating any issues with excess wear and tear to the machine or tools
- Check that all works orders, drawings and materials correspond to meets quality and technical standards
- Carry out inspection and measurement tasks as instructed and / or according to the standard methods taught or specified in Standard Operating Procedures.
- Reporting issues as they arise if you are unable to adequately resolve them to your line manager
- Complete and Maintain all required documentation accurately and in a clear and tidy way
- Carry out minor routine maintenance tasks that are within your knowledge and capability as authorised by the Company.
- Assist and cooperate where necessary, Maintenance Contractors in completing planned maintenance operations
- Use and operate appropriate equipment and processes according to the Instructed Methods and Standard Operating Procedures
- Ensure the final product is always completed in accordance with customer requirements
- Carry out housekeeping duties and maintain and safe and tidy working area.
- Applying 'Clean As You Go’ on a regular and timely basis and maintaining a 5S manufacturing environment and to ISO 9001: 2015 Quality standards
- Work in an efficient and methodical way, pay attention to Safety, Product Quality and Product specifications, reporting any concerns and non-conformances
- Work in a way that is compliant with all relevant company and departmental Health, Safety and environmental policies and procedures at all times
This is a full-time, permanent position. Monday to Friday days.
You will have
To be successful as CNC Programmer you will have the following qualifications/experience
- Engineering Apprenticeship / City & Guilds / Level 3 NVQ / BTEC
- Qualified to operate a range of industrial CNC, Semi-automatic and Manual Grinding machines
- Knowledge and experience of operating CNC Milling and Turning machines an advantage
- Knowledge and experience of operating Wire EDM machinery an advantage
- Fully set, program and Operate and program fully automated Studer CNC Cylindrical Grinders
- Understands and able to programme using Fanuc controls
- Comprehensive knowledge of how a grinding machine works
- Able to perform minor maintenance or repair jobs in the event of malfunctions or failures
- Good verbal and numerical reasoning
You will get
As CNC Programmer you will enjoy a competitive salary, £30K-£35K + Benefits
You can apply
For the CNC Programmer job by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org