You will like
Working in climate change & resilience for one of the world's leading engineering professional services firms providing technical consultancy to the built and natural environment.
Their expert staff design lasting solutions in the property & buildings, transportation & infrastructure, environment, industry, resources (including mining, and oil & gas) and power & energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. Safety and sustainability are embedded in everything they do and they have a highly inclusive culture and encourage diversity.
You will like
The Climate Change Consultant job which is an excellent opportunity for a Climate Change specialist to join one of the most sought-after firms globally. Working at Local and National level they provide strategic advice to a whole range of prestigious clients, supporting them in achieving net-zero and climate change resilience. This role will see you at the forefront of advising and developing policies, integrating multiple services to support the drive towards a more sustainable future.
My client is looking for someone to support their growing portfolio of projects, focusing on the major cross-cutting agenda of climate change and to help embed low carbon, climate resilient and circular outcomes into the projects they deliver. More pecifically:
- Climate change impact and risk assessments;
- Advisory for adaptation and resilience;
- Carbon and greenhouse gases (GHG) emissions assessment, including inventory development and projection;
- Climate change strategy and policy advisory;
- Climate financing advisory, cost-benefit assessment, offset design;
- Environmental Impact Assessment climate change submissions;
- Circular economy business model development and design strategies.
You will work across sectors, markets and geographies and with academics, colleagues and clients to deliver these services. You will make use of the latest digital know-how to complete statistical and data analytics base studies, including using machine learning, bespoke scripting and data science tools.
You will work within a growing international team with diverse backgrounds in architecture, engineering, planning, climate science, and economics in the vanguard of sustainable development and transformational change. My client’s team delivers a varied and impactful portfolio of projects in many sectors, including international development, cities, transport, property, science and industry and the health and life sciences sectors. The core team of climate change specialists sits within the wider Group of over 300 digital technology and engineering analysts based in offices across the UK and globally. My client works at scales ranging across national, sectoral, city, organisation, programme and asset levels, helping clients manage the risks and opportunities posed by climate change physical impacts and the transition to a net-zero carbon future.
London 2 days a week, flexible arrangements to suit
You will have
To be successful as a Climate Change Consultant, you will be able to demonstrate experience of transformational impact on projects and organisations, with a strong and evidenced commitment to sustainable development. plus a healthy mix of the following:
- Experience in climate change consulting/advisory
- Relevant degree
- Higher-level degree or qualification in a suitable topic is highly desirable;
- Chartered or working towards Chartership with an appropriate institution
- Experience in design, construction and research environments
- Experience of driving change in organisations
- Excellent qualitative and quantitative research and analysis skills
- Excellent report writing and communication skills
- Excellent people management skills, including development management, mentoring and support
- Working knowledge of international, UK, policy, legislative, and planning frameworks for climate change
You will get
As a Climate Change Consultant, you will enjoy a competitive salary of £45K - £50K together with an excellent flexible benefits package.
To reward your hard work and commitment my client offers both core and flexible benefits, a competitive salary and industry-leading training and development to support you throughout your career.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by the employer and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit SharePayments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
You can apply
To Climate Change Consultant by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org