You will like
Developing business for unique multi-disciplinary energy services provider of strategic energy and carbon reduction consultancy services to a range of organisations from large global corporates to housebuilders and developers. They enable them to enhance long-term energy sustainability and reach net-zero carbon emissions.
With low-carbon technology, data and sustainability at the core of their ethos and business model, this firm is leading the smart energy revolution, serving the energy industry, the industrial, commercial and public sectors, as well as the wider domestic market to realise the environmental and financial benefits of smarter energy practice
You will like
The Business Development Manager job itself from Cardiff Office or UK remote/WFH/WFA (with 1 day PW in Cardiff required). You will support the Sales & Marketing activity around products and solutions sales. You will report into the Head of Sales and be part of a team;
Supporting plans to deliver a range of CaRe Assets. Initial focus will be on EV charging infrastructure. Involved in developing new business opportunities with new & existing clients. Responsible for liaising directly with decision makers and stakeholders in key target markets. More specifically:
- Identify strong potential prospects using initiative and creativity.
- Research and build relationships with new/existing end clients, charging infrastructure providers
- Source and generate business opportunities within the UK EV charging sector.
- Assess and analyse a prospects current process and requirements.
- Manage, nurture and convert inbound leads into sales opportunities.
- Provide engaging and articulate information about value proposition to potential customers.
- Manage accurate sales information and activity reports in CRM system.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
- Efficient management of the sales pipeline using company processes.
- Confidently participate in the preparation of proposals and the presentation of professional product demonstrations, via webinars or in person meetings.
- Negotiate and close new projects/accounts.
- Support the broader BD team in brand promotion
- Where required, represent firm at events and/or sales meetings independently or with colleagues.
- Meet personal targets and work towards sales goals.
- Perform tasks as required by the team and wider business.
You will have
To be successful as Business Development Manager you will have a healthy mix of the following:
- University degree, or equivalent, in relevant discipline
- Membership of relevant bodies
- Technical prowess to develop a strong knowledge of technical products and services in order to facilitate the sales process.
- Knowledgeable of service/ product offering expected, to allow ‘solution sell’ where F&B’s and USP meet customer’s needs.
- Have an understanding of climate change issues and available technologies.
- Experience of developing and growing a portfolio of clients.
- Be comfortable in lead generation, management and be a self-starter.
- Proficient in the use of social media tools like LinkedIn, Sales Navigator and Twitter.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite to demonstrate and communicate service/ product offerings.
Plus, personal characteristics such as: Professional maturity, strong organisational skills, time management, communication skills, positive response to feedback, online research, clear written English, problem-solving ability, analytical skills and numeracy, the ability to build and maintain customer and other stakeholder relationships, resilient and responsive to change.
You will get
As Business Development Manager you have an OTE of £70K-£80K, comprising a competitive salary: £40K – £50K + £4.5K + Car Allowance, + Package
This forward-thinking firm supports Mental, Physical and Financial well-being, and is proud of the benefits package to reward great people which includes:
- 25 personal holiday days per year with additional allocation of 8 public holidays (includes options to buy and sell)
- After 5 years’ service, you will be rewarded with an additional 5 days annual leave increasing your total to 30 personal days and 8 public holidays.
- Employee Assistance Programme (free access to counselling & support) with easy access via My Healthy Advantage app.
- Access to SmartHealth - includes a free 24/7 online GP and a range of wellbeing services.
- Cycle Scheme - lower your carbon footprint whilst staying healthy.
- Eligibility to join Share Incentive Plan following 6 months employment
- Life Insurance cover where your next of kin will receive 4 times your annual salary
- Refer a friend bonus (£500)
- Corporate season ticket travel
- Length of service cash incentive
- Automatic enrolment into the Company Stakeholder Pension Scheme following 3 months employment.
You can apply
To Business Development Manager by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to email@example.com