You will like
Working as a Building Performance Sustainability Consultant for one of the world's leading engineering professional services firms providing technical consultancy to the built and natural environment.
Their expert staff design lasting solutions in the property & buildings, transportation & infrastructure, environment, industry, resources (including mining, and oil & gas) and power & energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. Safety and sustainability are embedded in everything they do and they have a highly inclusive culture and encourage diversity.
Being part of this fantastic organisation will enable you to be involved with a range of challenging and complex projects that will rapidly develop your career and experience.
You will like
The Senior Energy Consultant job, where my client’s Sustainable Solutions department is looking for a motivated Sustainability Consultant to contribute to and lead their exciting range of projects including commercial, residential, hotels, sports and education sectors.
- Work with line manager, the Head of Building Performance and Head of Department to implement strategic plans across the UK.
- Apply skills and provides technical guidance in Building Performance (essential) e.g. in relation to emerging Net Zero Carbon, Circular Economy, Wellbeing and Climate Risk agendas and Strategic Guidance (desirable) e.g. development of bespoke sustainability frameworks and delivery plans for clients.
- Apply skills and provides technical guidance in building performance audits (essential) compliance-related building assessment including Building Regulations, EPC/DEC, MEES & ESOS (Essential), third party certification including GRESB/ESG, BREEAM & Fitwel/WELL (Desirable), and sustainability strategies including energy, carbon, health & wellbeing, transport, waste and water strategies (Desirable).
- Undertake data analysis of detailed building performance system data (e.g. energy, water, waste, environmental performance data).
- Communicate building performance findings to Clients in a dashboard / graphical reporting style.
- Undertake project ownership and leadership roles for single-discipline building performance projects within the Sustainable Solutions department
- Contribute to bid and contract documentation
- Understanding of financial arrangements for projects including fee forecasting, fee preparation, and allocation
- Represent my client at external client meetings
- Provide sustainable design and environmental consultancy expertise for their local office and potentially in other UK and international offices.
- Help to promote my client’s multi-discipline capability in the local market.
You will have
To be successful as a Building Performance Sustainability Consultant, you will ideally have the following:
- Strong data analysis skills e.g. spreadsheet modelling of detailed building performance system data
- Strong graphics and presentation skills.
- Relevant tertiary degree in Sustainability/Environmental Design or equivalent
- Has a strong background in sustainable design including building performance (essential) and environmental assessment (desirable)
- At least ten years’ proven experience as sustainability consultant.
- Competent at presenting to external Clients
- To hold Chartership (CEng or CEnv) with CIBSE, IMechE, IEMA or equivalent approved body.
- Ability to communicate material of a specialist or highly technical nature clearly. and to be competent at presenting to external Clients.
You will get
As a Building Performance Sustainability Consultant, you will enjoy a competitive salary of £30K - £40K + according to skills and experience, together with an excellent flexible benefits package.
Our client offers a highly competitive salary along with a range of exciting benefits. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an ambitious business with significant growth plans ahead. There is a lot of training as well as great scope for progression and reward. You will have significant input into the growth and development of the business.
You can apply
To Building Performance Sustainability Consultant by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org