You will like
Working in Biodiversity in Gloucester/SW (other locations considered) for this leading biodiversity net gain and rewilding consultancy for habitat creation, restoration and land management.
You will like
The Biodiversity Specialist or Biodiversity Lead job which is a unique opportunity for a motivated and ambitious conservation driven biodiversity specialist to build on their exiting Biodiversity Net Gain services and lead/expand their Rewilding department whilst drawing upon 20 years of experience in the field of biodiversity assessment, habitat creation, restoration and land management in their existing Ecology and Habitat teams.
Their Rewilding quest is to help their clients raise their environmental game and offset their biodiversity and carbon impacts by creating wild, biodiverse spaces to restore healthy ecosystems, benefit the climate and provide a socioeconomic reward.
You will lead, promote and expand their rewilding department using and building upon their existing capabilities in the fields of Biodiversity Net Gain, habitat creation, restoration, and management. With the introduction of the Environment Act in 2021, my client is looking for an individual to take responsibility for raising their profile through internal and external events whilst maintaining a sound knowledge of the current legislative position as it comes into effect across the UK.
Your role will involve mentoring teams in the application of BNG whilst also providing technical advice for projects and tender bids. You will need to have excellent technical expertise, experience in procuring and winning work and enthusiasm to drive the business forward and increase their capabilities in this field.
You will have
To be successful as Biodiversity Specialist, you will have a healthy mix of the following:
· A sound knowledge of the Defra Biodiversity Metric 3.0 to calculate Biodiversity Net Gain and offset biodiversity impacts;
· A strategic approach to challenges and innovative solutions based on sound scientific and professional industry knowledge;
· Experience in writing enhancement/management plans for a range of habitat types and the alignment of habitat management strategies to BNG requirements.
· Experience with habitat restoration and creation at a landscape scale coupled with an understanding of the connections between nature, biodiversity and climate change;
· Expertise in delivering and/or assessing nature based solutions, natural capital benefits and biodiversity interventions;
· Aptitude in identification, progression, and success in tendering for new project opportunities and business development opportunities;
· Understanding of the implications of the Environment Act 2021;
· A strong network in carbon project development; able to engage other technical specialists and manage specialist input as needed;
· Experience working with local partners, with an understanding of the on-the-ground challenges and realities of project and carbon delivery;
· Excellent written and oral communication and instructive skills with the ability to speak confidently with a range of audiences;
· Outstanding organisational skills and the ability to priorities individually and at a team level to motivate others in delivering to a high standard;
· A knowledge of wider natural capital assessments and blended financing options to enhance ecosystem service delivery would be an advantage.
· Full clean driving license;
Preferred Professional Accreditations
· Associates CIEEM membership or above;
· Honours or Masters degree in Ecology or other relevant discipline.
You will get
As a Biodiversity Specialist, you will enjoy a Salary of ~£50K+ Significant Benefits.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join an ambitious business with significant growth plans ahead. My client offers a lot of training as well as great scope for progression and reward. You will have significant input in to the growth and development of the business.
You can apply
To Biodiversity Specialist by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to email@example.com