You will like
Operating at Associate or Principal level within a successful international MEP consulting engineering firm. They are renowned for quality of their people who you will find enthusiastic, creative and knowledgeable. Due to sustainable business growth, this is a great opportunity to join their team of highly qualified, dedicated and experienced staff.
You will like
The Principal or Associate Mechanical Engineer job itself, working for our client in either their London or Bristol office, you will be responsible for supporting and delivering designs for a range of project types and sizes. You will work within a multidisciplinary team of engineers and support staff delivering a consistently high-quality service for clients, ensuring that repeat and new business opportunities are developed, and profitability is achieved. The role is instrumental in helping to continue to grow and develop a team of technically competent engineers within this high performing sector, as well as seeking new opportunities to develop the business. More specifically:
- You will be in a Client facing role, attending project meetings and disseminating the brief within the project team. You will need to be of personable nature and a good communicator.
- You will lead the development of initial strategic concepts for projects ensuring solutions are appropriate for the brief and regulatory standards.
- Taking responsibility for solid technical delivery in your work either alone or part of a team.
- Engage with junior support staff in their day to day activities and offer advice and guidance to ensure that they develop their skills and we get the best out of people.
- Working as part of the Firm-wide Science & Research Group, to gain experience and understanding from others, and to support and disseminate knowledge to others in the Firm.
- You will be financially astute and work with the team leader to help monitor fee expenditure, resource and work delivered.
- Looking at new ways of working and taking time out for innovation and research ensuring we keep abreast of competitors.
- Creating and maintaining a high reputation within the industry, and to ensure adherence to QM and risk control procedures is also a very important part of the role.
You will have
To be successful as Associate Mechanical Engineer you will have
- You should have a relevant degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent qualification
- Must have, or be working towards chartered status (Membership of CIBSE/IMECHE or industry recognised institution).
- You should have excellent technical knowledge in your primary discipline and a thorough understanding of Building Services Engineering
- Experience with interdisciplinary Building Services Design through all stages of the design process.
- You should have an in-depth understanding of modern technical delivery methods, particularly in relation to BIM,
- You should be competent in designing and reviewing information by others in such environments.
- You will have experience working in a multi-disciplinary environment, leading, motivating, and supervising junior/senior engineers.
- With excellent interpersonal and communication skills you will have proven ability in negotiating positive outcomes, resource planning, motivation and management.
- With previous consultancy experience, you will appreciate the importance of complementary specialisms such as acoustics, and fire engineering
- Understanding computer modelling in the design of buildings and be adept at analysing and interpreting their impact on your work.
- Suitably qualified Mechanical Engineering, Building Services Engineers degree or equivalent qualification preferable but not essential.
- Chartered Engineer status, or working towards submission, to either CIBSE or IMechE, or equivalent.
- Previous consultancy or contracting experience in some or all of the following: M&E Design & Specification, Surveying & Reporting and Project Management.
- You will have experience working in a multi-disciplinary environment, and a team-based work approach.
- You will appreciate that holistic working is central to good design and you will have experience across a range of projects.
You will get
As Associate Mechanical Engineer you will enjoy a competitive salary, likely £50K-£58K and both core and flexible benefits including:
- Private medical scheme
- Life Assurance
- Income protection
- Car allowance and access to a wide range of lease cars
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with your service
- Contributory pension scheme
- Voluntary benefits scheme
Also be assured of friendly and dynamic team working environment, hybrid working & opportunities for career progression.
You can apply
To Associate Mechanical Engineer by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to email@example.com