You will like
Working for a multidisciplinary consultancy providing sustainable solutions to meet the planning, engineering design and project delivery needs of the property, infrastructure, environment and energy markets. This exciting role sits within their thriving civil/structural rail/transportation engineering team in London Birmingham or Bristol.
You will like
The Associate Director Rail job itself that is an exciting opportunity for you to work within a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team who have seen significant growth in the rail sector and has been appointed on a number of high-profile projects and long terms frameworks. We are searching for a (Senior) Associate to join our growing team based at one of our national offices, taking day-to-day responsibility for project and bid delivery. More specifically:
- Ensuring our culture of safety and commitment to the environment is maintained and promoted throughout our delivery teams
- Working with our Rail Director to help manage and deliver significant high value programme of major multi-disciplinary infrastructure bids & projects on time and in budget
- Acting as Project Director on rail projects including planning for and the ongoing management of scope and deliverables; and the briefing of multidisciplinary teams to manage cost, scope, quality, risks, safety, health and environment issues
- Understanding and meeting the client’s business needs to ensure they are confident in our commitment to deliver, including managing information flow between the client and key stakeholders.
- Managing more complex projects and clients where necessary;
- Working with the Rail Director to enhance client and market engagement to support wider rail sector growth, including leveraging existing frameworks/contracts to develop business.
- Maintain and further develop the existing teams to continue delivering world-class engineering projects on time and to budget.
- Capable of working under pressure, delivering high-quality designs, written reports and compelling bids to tight deadlines
- Working within the project management system using specified project management tools and procedures to deliver projects profitably;
- Monitoring and applying performance management techniques, including the use of KPI’s to improve project performance.
You will have
To be successful as Associate Director Rail you will have
- Degree Eng in engineering
- Preferred Qualifications C.Eng/MIStructE- Chartered status
- A full UK driving licence.
- Significant experience (ten plus years*) in the UK Rail sector in a particular engineering discipline/multidiscipline rail projects
- Has undertaken CEM/CRE or Project management role on multidisciplinary rail infrastructure projects
- Experience of managing sub-contracts as a means of delivering key works
- Experience of Design & Build either working in a Contractor organisation within Design based organisation working with contractor and can demonstrate great ability to control these activities
- Knowledge of different contracting types, especially target cost, and experience of resolving disputes
- Familiar with Network Rail TfL and major contractor clients’ delivery process through demonstrable project experience
- Familiar with public sector framework procurement, management and delivery
- Project management qualifications preferable
You will get
As Associate Director Rail you will enjoy a competitive salary of £60K-£70K according to skills and experience, together with a flexible benefits package
The role offers excellent career prospects within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients.
You can apply
To the Associate Director Rail job by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or send CV to email@example.com