You will like
Working within an award-winning developer and design and build contractor delivering innovative projects across London & Southeast from Bromley, Kent. They are competent in development; construction & cladding and their sweet spot is residential developments of 10-100+ homes and £5M-£25M+ contract values. Due to sustainable business growth and investment, this is a great opportunity to join their team of highly experienced staff at HQ.
You will like
The Assistant Estimator job itself where you will be responsible for estimating residential concrete frame schemes from 30 to 100 units with tender opportunities coming from OJEU, various Housing Association Frameworks and private ventures. The successful candidate will be encouraged to input into all aspects of preconstruction and bidding. More specifically:
- Plan and lead all matters relating to our Main Contracting Tenders
- Check and acknowledge bid documents and amendments.
- Abstract information into subcontract and material packages.
- Develop a full set of BOQ’s based both on Subcontract tender returns & own measures
- Develop risk analysis of the information provided/not provided by the Client.
- Review and ascertain costs associated with logistics, time frame etc.
- Work closely with the Commercial Manager, Head of Design and Head of Operations
- Complete Form of Tender and tender letter with any qualification
- Complete contract sum Analysis/Schedule if as required.
- Prepare information packages for handover to construction team if successful,
- Attend handover meeting and brief the team on tender bid.
- Identify the scope of value engineering/value creation and identify tender risk.
You will have
To be successful as Assistant Estimator, you will have:
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Experience as a key estimator with a Main Contractor undertaking similar work.
- Highly numerate, with the ability to build accurate Bill of Quantities (BOQ’s)
- Understanding of costs differences associated with mixed-tenure schemes.
- Experience of taking an Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU) project from Pre-Qualification Questionnaires (PQQ) to winning the tender
- Knowledge of constructing high rise residential projects, building regulations, National House Building Control (NHBC) etc.
- Must have a confident, resourceful and 'can-do’ approach to work.
- Clearly demonstrable commitment to previous firms.
- Clearly demonstrable commitment to increase their leadership responsibility
You will get
As Assistant Estimator you will enjoy a competitive salary, £30K Neg + Pension + Package.
Plus a friendly and understanding Management Team who promote CPD and in-house information sharing and “new ideas” from all team members!
You can apply
To Senior Quantity Surveyor by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to email@example.com