You will like
Working for a world-leading global manufacturer, distributor & installer of HVAC products for residential, commercial, and industrial applications. This specialist heat pumps division is expanding in the UK and is supported by this winning team from a well-appointed easily accessible office location in Solihull/Birmingham.
You will like
The Applications Engineer job role itself where you will act as a key pre-sales technical advisor relating to the design and application of products in buildings, and the provision of quality propositions and quotations for clients.
- Ensure customers and sales teams (Internal and External) receive a high-quality pre-sales technical response to enquiries, providing pre-sales product technical information and advising on proposed design solutions.
- Provide pre-sales technical design solutions using the full Product Portfolio, that meet and exceed customer specifications and sales’ briefings.
- Use design software packages to produce pre-sales technical submissions as required. Advise and support colleagues’ using the design software.
- Generate detailed quotations for the product (complying with cost policies and terms and conditions) achieving optimum performance for customers’ budget (and using appropriate discounts from the system).
- Contribute to the preparation of design solution case studies to further promote the UK brand image.
- Ensure own knowledge of both company and competitor products and their applications; the market and relevant standards and regulations is kept up to date.
- Ensure all sections of the quality assurance system relating to the Internal Sales activity are adhered to.
- Undertake administrative duties related to the role (e.g. reporting) in a timely and accurate fashion to ensure the smooth running of the department.
- Ad hoc duties as required by the Application Support Team Leader.
You will have
To be successful as Applications Engineer, you will have/be:
- Highly technically capable individual who is motivated to ensure their required product knowledge and pre-sales technical awareness are of the highest standard.
- A good general level of education required an HNC, HND or Degree in an engineering qualification would be desirable.
- Previous experience in Building Services Engineering would be an advantage.
- Good clerical, numeracy and IT skills.
- A flexible, outgoing and confident individual who is able to work in a busy environment.
- Good communicator.
- Customer focussed with a proactive can-do attitude.
- Strong analytical skills with good attention to detail.
- Self-starter who can work on own initiative and maintain motivation, but also contributes as a team player.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships, both internally and externally.
- Ability to prioritise and deal effectively with queries.
- Good level of computer literacy – especially in Excel and PowerPoint. Autocad/Revit/IES technical design software experience would be advantageous.
You will get
As Applications Engineer you will enjoy competitive salary £28K-£34K + Package
You can apply
To Applications Engineer by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), by sending CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org , or call at 01275 331307