You will like
Working for this multi-award winning engineering and environmental design consultancy working across a broad range of development sectors UK wide. They are renowned for technical excellence and client satisfaction and you will play a key role in their future success.
You will like
The Air Quality Consultant job itself, sitting within the Air Quality team in Manchester, where you will undertake specialist technical work such as air and odour dispersion modelling, air quality/odour/dust monitoring and report writing whilst working as part of a small, integrated, progressive team. There is the opportunity to work on projects from the proposal stage right through to project completion. The role will also involve a project management element, managing technical delivery for multi-disciplinary projects for our clients.
The work is varied and widespread supporting our clients on projects both locally and throughout the UK as required. We value innovation, while always seeking to provide commercial solutions to complex environmental issues.
The Air Quality team are a rapidly expanding part of this award-winning firm's environmental service offering, with involvement at all stages in the planning cycle from feasibility through to master planning, planning application support and the discharge of planning conditions. You will also provide strategic advice and asset management services, and offer clever solutions to some challenging issues. plus possibly air quality monitoring and environmental permitting consultancy services.
You will have
To be successful as Air Quality Consultant, you will have skills and experience in the following areas:
Ideally, the successful candidate will have a relevant air quality or environmental sciences related degree. An appropriate Masters degree and membership of the Institute of Air Quality Management and the Institution of Environmental Sciences is also desirable, but not essential. At least two years’ experience of air quality consultancy, including air dispersion modelling, is vital. Project management experience is also desirable.
The successful candidate will have keen attention to detail, be enthusiastic, confident, self-motivated and willing to take the initiative, with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Willingness to travel and a full driving license are essential to the role.
We are looking for someone who can commit themselves to the task in hand and where necessary go above and beyond. Effective communication is key to the role, and the successful candidate will be able to create a positive and innovative atmosphere and motivate people to give their best results. A disciplined approach will be key, as well as an ability to develop and comply with the systems, procedures and timescales set and to develop your own monitoring systems to help you achieve your objectives and identify improvements.
You will get
As Air Quality Consultant the benefits include a competitive salary DOE and comprehensive package as below:
- A competitive Salary – We benchmark all our salaries against the market and review these annually.
- Holiday – 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and the option to buy extra days holiday per year to boost your entitlement
- Life Assurance 4x salary.
- Non-contributory Pension Scheme – we’ll pay an Employer Contribution, even if you don’t wish to contribute yet and the contribution will increase with years’ service.
- Superb training – bespoke to you and your development needs.
- Professional Subscription – Company pays for one professional subscription a year.
- Social Fund – We will pay £25 per head per quarter to have a great time socialising with your colleagues outside of the work environment.
- Health-care cash plan for all your everyday medical needs such as dentistry and optical care.
- Loyalty bonus – bonus, additional holidays, pension enhancement and sabbaticals.
- Perkbox rewards scheme - providing our people with access to a range of employee discounts and benefits.
- Cycle to Work – Get excellent rates for a new bike and accessories through our scheme.
- 1 paid day of volunteering for a company-nominated charity
- 2.5 paid days for STEM activity
You can apply
To Air Quality Consultant by applying here (recommended), or by sending a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org