You will like
Working as Key Account Manager Utilities, for a world-leading independent consultancy offering energy, environmental, engineering and technical advice to a range of prestigious firms both in the UK and Globally. They have enjoyed unprecedented growth since they were established 7 years ago and now boast offices throughout the UK and globally.
Key services are engineering and environmental consultancy services on a range of activities including asset optimisation/management, feasibility and resource evaluation, environmental planning support, energy yield assessments, licensing and consent, feasibility studies, engineering design and socio-economic assessments. They work across every stage of projects from early feasibility studies, through planning to design, construction and asset management.
This is a really exciting time in the client's journey as they are set for continued growth over the next few years as their reputation and market share grow. Therefore, the opportunity to play a key role in this success story is significant.
Location: UK Flexible – Bristol, London, Glasgow or Edinburgh
You will like
The Key Account Manager Utilities job itself which is an exciting lead role which has arisen due to the phenomenal success my client has enjoyed over the last few years since their inception. Due to significant demand from their range of prestigious clients, they are currently seeking to appoint a key account manager to service and grow their existing workload. This unique opportunity will see you joining a world leading independent consultancy servicing a range of firms both in the UK and Globally. The position can be based anywhere across the UK. Regular travel required
Your responsibilities will include growing the company's revenue, by ensuring those Strategic and Key Clients are satisfied with the services provided, identifying new business opportunities for existing and potential Strategic and Key Clients.
Duties & responsibilities include;
- Supporting the relevant Sector Director(s) in analysing the market and Client data to develop and implement Key Client Action Plans, from the perspective of clients within each Sector.
- Coordinating and leading on the development of strong Key Client relationships, including identification and engagement with existing and prospective clients.
- Developing individual Key Account Management Plans and associated Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for selected key accounts;
- Raising company profile within the Key Client organisation(s) through Thought Leadership and other marcomms activity.
Financial & Commercial
- Responsibility for Key Client revenue generation, delivery & reporting;
- Working with the Service Line Managers to ensure the shape and size of the Service Line teams are aligned with delivering to Client needs;
- Developing the profile of the business by active business development, marketing and promotion within the Key Client organisation(s).
- Leading or supporting the development of proposals for new work in response to RfPs or leads with the Key Client.
- Ensuring fee rates for Services being delivered to the Client are appropriate as far as possible.
- Regular monitoring of the Client’s cash profile and supporting Service Line leads in ensuring cash collection is on target in conjunction with the finance team
- Key Account Plan development and implementation for ‘Strategic’ and ‘Key’ Clients.
- Working closely with Service Line managers to ensure understanding of client needs and ensuring that my client's services fulfil their requirements.
- Working with the wider management team to maintain and raise the quality, accuracy and timely delivery of service to Key Clients
- Acting as the main point of contact between my client and the relevant Strategic & Key Clients, to ensure that their best interests are being looked after and any issues are dealt with effectively and expediently. This includes seeking regular Client feedback on performance.
- Where possible ‘join the dots’ to mobilise not only knowledge but also that of others in the network, to help meet the Client’s wider business objectives.
Culture & People
- Ensuring all staff working on projects for the Key Client understand and embrace my client’s culture, business strategy and the benefits arising therefrom;
- Coaching and mentoring staff in support of achieving Key Client Management Plan objectives.
Health, Safety and Environment
- Liaising with the Service Line leads to ensure the Company’s health and safety procedures are fit for purpose for my client’s Services to the Key Client, that they are all aware of their personal responsibilities and that staff are competent.
- Carrying out an annual review of safety records for Client and liaising with Service Leads and QHSE representative to implement any required changes to meet Safety Standards to the Client(s).
You will have
To be successful as Key Account Manager Utilities at this senior level, you will have:
- Proven track record as a client and key account manager, ideally upwards of eight years’ experience.
- Market facing. Ideally, you will have worked in the utilities/oil and gas/industrial sector
- Highly commercial, with a flair for business development
- Strategic thinker
- Excellent Communicator and Presentation Skills
- Highly Organised
- High level of IT competency
- Excellent team player
- Willingness to travel
You will get
As Key Account Manager Utilities you will get
- Competitive salary, £60K-£75K + Significant Benefit Package
You can apply
To Key Account Manager Utilities by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), by sending CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org or if you prefer feel free to give me a call at 01275 331307.